The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Background builds

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rubi Posted - 01/07/2013 : 12:41:20
Hello all...I have seen quite a few of I have built your own backgrounds for your vivs and I would love to give it a go for some of mine. I am just wondering whether you build onto the viv or build something that you can take out for cleaning? Also what have you found are the best/cheapest materials to use? Also one of the vivs I want to build for has shelving (viv exotic bearded dragon home for life) how would u advise building around this?

Thank you
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Charles Posted - 02/07/2013 : 09:46:00
I am considering using something like this as a background. My only real concern is working out a way to fix it so that I can easily remove it for cleaning but Rosie will find it hard to get stuck behind it.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/bamboo-edging-roll-150mm-x-1m/invt/187776/

lupi lou Posted - 01/07/2013 : 18:55:46
not done a background my self yet, but if you look on the 'darkside' there is some one who has done custom fake rock backgrounds for his snakes and they look amazing. From the research I have done a lot of people use king-span over polystyrene sheets, fix it to the back of the viv and make up the layers in the style they want then a good few layers of grout, then paint it. You could cut a hole the size of the shelf in the sheet and then just slide it into place.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000