The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Heating Issues in a Viv Stack

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bluepoolshark Posted - 05/02/2013 : 14:55:58
So i'm planning on having a 3 viv stack built with the help of my friend who happens to be a carpenter!

Its going to house a beardie, corn snake & a royal. How do you ensure you can get the temps stable because all 3 have different heating methods?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bluepoolshark Posted - 08/02/2013 : 10:41:21
Excellent, thanks for the help!
a33272 Posted - 06/02/2013 : 10:17:23
Corn at the bottom. The other 2 both need lamps/ceramics which will cause a very warm area in the viv above due to being mounted to roof. Beardie in the middle as there temps need to drop at night which could be an issue if they were above the royal. Also make sure the warm ends are same end.

You could also ask ya friend to build it so there is a void between then with vent holes to allow air flow that would stop heat transfer between vivs a little bit
Hissyfit Posted - 05/02/2013 : 15:46:16
It should be fine as long as you use separate thermostats for all 3 vivs. I would house the royal at the top though as a ceramic could make the other vivs too hot. No idea if this could be an issue for the beardie as I don't keep any so no idea what heat source they need. I have a double stack and only had temperature problems when the stat broke and I used one stat for both vivs until I got a replacement.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000