The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 viv builds

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ScalySituation Posted - 28/12/2012 : 14:13:18
Ey up all :)

I'm thinking of building vivs for maggie and sheldon and upgrading sonny

im thinking of using this http://www.diy.com/nav/build/timber/furniture-boards/conti-boards/white_board/Conti-Board-White-L-1830-x-W-610-x-T-15mm-9276139

Not sure on glass though, any help?

Can Someone explain fixings too?

Thanks

Scaly x
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hissing Posted - 19/02/2013 : 13:39:32
Hi guys gals i'm looking at building my own viv for 2 corns i have seen this and would like to know if it would be ok to use. http://www.wickes.co.uk/structural-plywood-18x1220x2440mm/invt/110036/ would i also need to varnish it to give it some protection from water spillage. I would also seal the viv too using shower sealant would this be ok too.
bigJME Posted - 03/01/2013 : 02:20:09
For my viv I ordered runners from ebay, can be found very easily if you search vivarium runners. As for glass I was pointed out to maybe see if you can find any glass shelves on places like b&q and build the viv size to that of the runners. Or go massive like I did.

As for fixings, when building my viv, we uses normal screws and wood glue. Get everything cut to size, drill small pilot holes, then a larger close to the size lf the screw, counter sink them so the screws sit flush, and then line the 2 peices together and put the screw in. I used 12mm mdf for mine as it was cheaper and varnished it using yacht varnish. Im unsure if my method will work for conti-board though as it can be much softer then mdf. Hope it helps though
ScalySituation Posted - 28/12/2012 : 17:04:43
beat ya to it G, already looked :P
gmac Posted - 28/12/2012 : 17:02:34
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6798
ScalySituation Posted - 28/12/2012 : 16:58:06
thats good :)
jenjen23 Posted - 28/12/2012 : 16:46:05
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

Also where can i get runners?

I'm looking at doing the same! I hope it is ok to say on here but there is a brilliant guide on RFUK which I am using, in the habitat section, sticky at the top. Hope that helps!
ScalySituation Posted - 28/12/2012 : 14:17:31
Also where can i get runners?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000