The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Rack questions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jayclk Posted - 11/12/2012 : 14:10:06
ok so i have 3 corns at the monent and would like to add more to my collection, but i will have a hard time talking the wife round to getting more 3 ft vivs so i thought of builting a rack systems with several different self sizes for different size RUBs
like 4 shelves with lets say 3 to 4 RUBs per shelve

so...
how long can i keep hatchlings in RUBs do they need to be moved to vivs ? for a good quality of life

is heating cable the best way run along the back of all the shelves?

what and where do i get heating cable and is it just run from one stat ?

idea and suggestions plz

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tasha89 Posted - 13/12/2012 : 11:51:45
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24760

These where the last pics i put up however i have completed and finished it off now
Tasha89 Posted - 13/12/2012 : 11:50:50
Hey,

I have all my snakes (7) on racking i built from MDF, i used heating cable (secured down with insulation foil tape) and run it along the shelves and back down again 3" apart and snakeed it all the way up each shelf. I have to say its the easiest way to keep loads of corns. I use the really useful 50 litre boxes to house them in, however you can probably use smaller but as i breed i thought the bigger boxes would be better when there are to of them in there.
paulie78 Posted - 11/12/2012 : 15:29:33
You dont need to move the snakes into vivs at all they will be perfectly happy kept in rubs just ensure you upgrade to an appropiate sized rub as they grow as adults theyl need the 50 litre size
Heat cable or mats are fine its personal preference i have cable on my rack its easier that way i only need the one stat running the whole thing and its obviously going to use less electric than god knows how many mats you can buy heating cable from any of the online reptile shops just bear in mind when calculating how much you need that the first 6ft or so of the cable is usually cold and doesnt heat up

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000