The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Pimping out a new vivarium ideas?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
glitter_grrrl Posted - 09/12/2012 : 17:22:02
Hi Everyone!

My wife and i are new to corn snakes! we bought Anouk back in July of this year, he is now 11 months old. We have just moved him in to a 3ft foot viv, that we got second hand at a fantastic price from a local snake lover!

We have added a few bits and pieces to it, but i feel its needs more!

This is what it looks like just now!

If you have any suggestions for making the vivarium more exciting for Anouk and more pleasing to the eye please send them our way!

Many thanks

Vikki
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
glitter_grrrl Posted - 14/12/2012 : 16:30:13
thanks for the ideas and pictures guys!!!!
glitter_grrrl Posted - 14/12/2012 : 16:29:39
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

babe... I have a bamboo climbing frame I made to fit in a viv a while back. I think its 3 foot. Should hopefully fit in your viv. Lemme look it out over the next few dys, get it measured up for you and if it fits I will sterilize it for you and get it across to you xx

YOU ARE A GEM!!!!!!!
Welshlamb Posted - 12/12/2012 : 23:54:18
Nice setups boogles! Here's some more to take a peek at which may give you some inspiration glitter http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26234
boogles Posted - 11/12/2012 : 20:11:34

Here are mine...
Mamma Posted - 10/12/2012 : 16:14:22
babe... I have a bamboo climbing frame I made to fit in a viv a while back. I think its 3 foot. Should hopefully fit in your viv. Lemme look it out over the next few dys, get it measured up for you and if it fits I will sterilize it for you and get it across to you xx
Red123 Posted - 10/12/2012 : 16:03:19
Big log from a wood and wrap an ivy vine from dunelm round it.
coxymk2 Posted - 10/12/2012 : 07:44:54
Dunelm mill for fake ivy and plants mine are always climbing in it
Mags53 Posted - 09/12/2012 : 22:51:35
When mine move into a viv i'm going to put shelving in at the back to give different levels. I've seen a few vivs on here with them and it breaks up the viv and gives the snake different levels to go to, more floor space, etc. Other thing to remember - the more stuff the more work to keep it properly clean. I really get the impression that you have to clean everything in the viv every few weeks to keep snakey healthy. Mine love their tubes (from inside foil, wrapping paper, etc and they're throw away. Love the skull, will be looking to get something to let mine crawl in and out of.
Thorne Walker Posted - 09/12/2012 : 22:39:26
I got what I'm using from a friend in the country who uses wood for heat... I just wandered into his woodpile with a few tools and came out with a big treasure.

The rest I got off a tree that was knocked down in a storm.

Emmzi Posted - 09/12/2012 : 20:18:12
love the skull, i saw one like that in pets at home and was going to get my yearling, Dakota one :D and i have a few websites i have used to get some bits and peices:
www.bluelizardreptiles.co.uk
www.rsreptilesupplies.co.uk

^^ they have logs and decor which is quite good :D
Georgina Posted - 09/12/2012 : 20:15:43
Surrey pets are reasonable x
glitter_grrrl Posted - 09/12/2012 : 17:41:22
We were having a look round the reptile shops (which is 2 in my city :-() today and they didnt have much in the way of logs, can you recommend any online shops where i can have a look at them please?

Ok will fiddle around get them in contact with the mat! thank you Georgina!
Georgina Posted - 09/12/2012 : 17:35:26
Maybe some big logs for climbing?

Also I would put te stat and therm probe under the substrate in contact with the mat x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000