The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 LED Lighting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Callazagy Posted - 24/11/2012 : 20:32:22
Hi all,

Got my Christmas pressie early, three LED strip light sets, enough to light 11 vivs, for viewing/working purposes, instead of juggling a torch.

I got the corn vivs kitted out with them today, the rest will follow when I have time.

Arthas's

Yavanna's

Tilion's

Looking pretty cool

Turned out better that expected, well worth it I reckon.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Callazagy Posted - 22/12/2012 : 19:09:06
Finally got them all installed -

PyroJosh Posted - 07/12/2012 : 21:31:51
This looks awesome! just posted a thread about looking for lights in the general forum, i like these alot!!
where did you get them? they dont get too hot or anything do they with them being mounted inside the viv, dont want my snakeys burning their little selves!
Red123 Posted - 26/11/2012 : 16:08:26
Thanks Callazagy, its good that they come with clips pitty it doesn't say so in the description of them. Think I may have to order some of those soon. I was concerned also that one 30cm strip would not be enough to light up a 3ft viv but your look plenty light enough.
Callazagy Posted - 26/11/2012 : 15:57:54
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

quote:
Originally posted by Callazagy

quote:
Originally posted by Lozzy

Looks brilliant. which LED lights did you use, really need to sort my two out!

Hi Lozzy, Ive used the Saxby Strip LED's, you get x4 30cm strips, 1m cable for each, as ya can see one strip is more than enough for a 3ft viv, im going to have two in Grantly's 4ft viv.

I found Luma Lighting to be cheapest inc P&P - http://www.lumalighting.co.uk/Cabinet+Lighting.136/13845/Saxby+Lighting+-+Chop+Undercabinet+LED+Kit.html

How secure are the LED's. I understand they are self adhesive? I have always had trouble with getting self adhesive things to stick to any thing in our house lol. Would I be able to secure them any other way?

Thanks.

They come with metal clips and screws, so it was simple just to screw a couple of clips in the top of the viv and the strip just pushes on, seems pretty secure to me. I was reluctant to use the adhesive strips, cos if it did come of the snake may get stuck to it.

@Welshlamb - no not really, its just a cheap alternative to the traditional substrates.
Red123 Posted - 26/11/2012 : 15:16:25
quote:

quote:

Hi Lozzy, Ive used the Saxby Strip LED's, you get x4 30cm strips, 1m cable for each, as ya can see one strip is more than enough for a 3ft viv, im going to have two in Grantly's 4ft viv.

I found Luma Lighting to be cheapest inc P&P - http://www.lumalighting.co.uk/Cabinet+Lighting.136/13845/Saxby+Lighting+-+Chop+Undercabinet+LED+Kit.html

How secure are the LED's. I understand they are self adhesive? I have always had trouble with getting self adhesive things to stick to any thing in our house lol. Would I be able to secure them any other way?

Thanks.
Welshlamb Posted - 26/11/2012 : 10:29:36
quote:

Megazorb horse bedding, a few people on here have started using it.

Cool does it stop burrowing?
Callazagy Posted - 25/11/2012 : 19:29:40
Megazorb horse bedding, a few people on here have started using it.
lupi lou Posted - 25/11/2012 : 18:57:09
looks fab! has give me lots of insparation!!
Welshlamb Posted - 25/11/2012 : 17:20:46
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Welshlamb

Love the background in your tank. Where you get it from?

I got them off this seller on eBay http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ibstockaquaticandreptilesonline they have a wide selection available but I know ya can get them from many other places.

Thank You
What substrate you using there?
Callazagy Posted - 25/11/2012 : 14:06:18
quote:
Originally posted by Welshlamb

I got them off this seller on eBay http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ibstockaquaticandreptilesonline they have a wide selection available but I know ya can get them from many other places.
Welshlamb Posted - 25/11/2012 : 13:12:53
ean632 Posted - 25/11/2012 : 12:58:54
I got my LED lights from this seller http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/equipment-classifieds/505550-led-lighting.html

They are very good, I added the built in dimmer which is handy.
awlred Posted - 25/11/2012 : 12:10:08
I did a similar idea. I also took a second strip of blue LEDs from Maplin and wired them onto a separate circuit, so I have dual-tone lighting. I'm thinking of getting some Red LEDs next as I have a hypothesis that because my snake is Amelanistic (I.e. red eyes) he won't be able to see when the red lights are on, and we might be able to see a bit more of him in the evening.

Although I wonder what the neighbours might think with a red light on...
Lozzy Posted - 25/11/2012 : 10:43:56
quote:

quote:

Brilliant, Thank you!!
Callazagy Posted - 25/11/2012 : 10:31:09
quote:
Originally posted by ean632

Wow your set up is class, loving the LED lghts. What make/model are them vivs? and what sizes? I would love a 3 high stack of vivs just like them. Also love the info card on them:)

They are my own custom built stacks, x3 3x1.5ft on top of a 4ft stack split into x2 2ft and a 4ft along the bottom. So 6 vivs in that corner of the room, its like 7ft tall, so dragging it out to install wires is knackering lol. The bottom section is next on the list for lighting, unfortunately I didn't have time to do the all stack at once so I will have to squeeze behind it again lol.

My mum nagged me to label the vivs cos she never knew who the animals were, so I made proper photo info cards, which may come in useful if theirs a rare occasion that im not around to see to them.

ean632 Posted - 25/11/2012 : 10:09:35
Wow your set up is class, loving the LED lghts. What make/model are them vivs? and what sizes? I would love a 3 high stack of vivs just like them. Also love the info card on them:)
Welshlamb Posted - 25/11/2012 : 09:30:02
The LEDs look really good. Good price and by the look much brighter than the ones sold at ikea. Good find and thank you for sharing. May well use these in the next vivarium.
Callazagy Posted - 24/11/2012 : 23:41:34
quote:

Lozzy Posted - 24/11/2012 : 23:24:23
Thorne Walker Posted - 24/11/2012 : 21:57:41
Little face!

great Vivs!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000