The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Speed adjustable fan

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marc_sg Posted - 28/10/2012 : 23:56:20
Im finishing off my new beer fridge incubator soon and imafter either a fan that i can slow the speed down with or a fan specially for incubators. I want this because im getting a 3/4°f difference from the top to the bottom of the fridge. So any ideas or even if anyone has one i can buy or knows where i can get one i'd be grateful
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marc_sg Posted - 19/11/2012 : 08:48:00
There a whole at the back where the pipe camevthru for the cooler wjere i cut it all out i used that hole then sealed it all back up
Thorne Walker Posted - 19/11/2012 : 01:07:42
How'd you get power past the door seal? Did you jigger something up from the internal light socket or are you just not worried about the seal being perfect?
marc_sg Posted - 18/11/2012 : 22:51:42
I have managed to get my fan to work. I bought an impedence dimmer switch and a 4 inch 240v 15watt fan with a neon and have mounted it at the top of my beer fridge. It is suspeneded with a couple of self made l brackets. And it seems to be working. I bought a double thermometer so its the same one at the top as the bottom so lets see if i get an exactly equal temp distribution top and bottom. Lil test run now so i can tweak if needed. Ill post pics if it seems ok
marc_sg Posted - 29/10/2012 : 18:47:47
quote:
Originally posted by Thorne Walker

Computer fans...

Provided you're comfie wiring up a 12v adapter you can get them with either variable speed or a set hi/med/low

That should be a easy one im a sparky. But didnt know if there was a special one for incubators
Auld Baldy Posted - 29/10/2012 : 02:25:57
Ready built temp controller.

http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/lucky-reptile-terra-fan-set-tf-1uk.html

Thorne Walker Posted - 29/10/2012 : 00:20:43
Computer fans...

Provided you're comfie wiring up a 12v adapter you can get them with either variable speed or a set hi/med/low

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000