The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 New viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jayclk Posted - 24/10/2012 : 11:12:45
Ok the new lx36 turned up today so putting it together, has been asked before but I can't find it what sealant do I use ordinary bathroom sealant ?

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jayclk Posted - 25/10/2012 : 11:50:15
I have stuck some draught excluder on one edge of the glass to cover up the gap in the glass and siliconed all the wholes and joints
Moppet Posted - 24/10/2012 : 22:56:04
I've put those sliders to hold paper together to get rid of the gap between the glass for Apollo's viv. He's 2 ft long and 65g so not strictly big enough to go into his big boy viv but he seems alright. I've been super paranoid about trying to seal up every gap as I know what good escape artists snakes are, hopefully I've gone overboard rather than being a little complacent and missing something.

Some people reckon snakes dislike vivs that are too big but I think as long as they can't escape and there is lots of cover and the snake is okay then there is no problem. Of course all snakes react differently, some may become stressed and stop eating, in which case it is better to keep them in the smaller viv they were happier in.
lupi lou Posted - 24/10/2012 : 17:59:00
if you do decided to move up just make sure you seal up every gap!! they are very good escape artists! this is why i waited un till 8 was a reasonalbe size was so worried about him finding a gap and escaping!
Jono2411 Posted - 24/10/2012 : 14:38:50
You could certainly give it a go if you wanted to... the snake may like or he may not... basically its all about cover and security, its a lot easier to make a young snake feel secure in a smaller box/RUB/viv than it is a larger one.

Personally, I wait until they have outgrown their old enclosure, but thats mainly because a faun is easier to clean and easier to find the snake in than a viv.
Jayclk Posted - 24/10/2012 : 14:33:50
Oh so if I put lots a plant hides and wood in there and make it escape proof I could put him in there ?
Jono2411 Posted - 24/10/2012 : 14:19:11
quote:
Originally posted by Jayclk

Well to be honest I only really bought it because it was cheep from seapets and I know they are being discontinued, you can see how small mine is from pic of me handling him, so I hear from people on here I can't put him in it for a long while anyway :(

That isn't strictly true... its just that you would need to provide enough cover for the snake to feel secure...
Jayclk Posted - 24/10/2012 : 13:42:04
quote:
Originally posted by Lozzy

Good Good just make sure you let it dry fully and any fumes are gone, which im sure you know

Look forward to pictures of it complete

Well to be honest I only really bought it because it was cheep from seapets and I know they are being discontinued, you can see how small mine is from pic of me handling him, so I hear from people on here I can't put him in it for a long while anyway :(
Lozzy Posted - 24/10/2012 : 13:26:31
Good Good just make sure you let it dry fully and any fumes are gone, which im sure you know

Look forward to pictures of it complete
Jayclk Posted - 24/10/2012 : 11:53:42
Ok cool I have loads of that from my marine tanks :) :)
Lozzy Posted - 24/10/2012 : 11:50:28
Aquarium sealant is best

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000