The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 paint?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Raksha Posted - 23/08/2012 : 23:41:29
ok guys i have final managed to get a load of MDF sheets from work to build a vivarium with how ever they dont have any cover on them is there any paint i can use to make them more safe for my snakes?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jenn Posted - 25/08/2012 : 07:12:22
quote:
Originally posted by a33272

quote:
Originally posted by Jenn

Nowadays if you go to the hardware store in the paint section they will have 0 voc section. Remember, any tint you add, adds voc's. I just did mine white (cool under night bulbs btw) so I was not adding anything to harm them. There should be lots to choose from since thats how as a .... race/society we are going, improve your enviroment etc, almost all companys have a 0 voc, and they have to list voc rating on cans...lower better!!!

Bear in mind your over the pond from us. Your paint tin markings are going to be totally differant to ours I'd image.

Ahhh thats right, never even thought about it!
Georgina Posted - 25/08/2012 : 00:50:50
Some people have used yacht paint x
a33272 Posted - 24/08/2012 : 23:14:25
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn

Nowadays if you go to the hardware store in the paint section they will have 0 voc section. Remember, any tint you add, adds voc's. I just did mine white (cool under night bulbs btw) so I was not adding anything to harm them. There should be lots to choose from since thats how as a .... race/society we are going, improve your enviroment etc, almost all companys have a 0 voc, and they have to list voc rating on cans...lower better!!!

Bear in mind your over the pond from us. Your paint tin markings are going to be totally differant to ours I'd image.
Raksha Posted - 24/08/2012 : 23:13:21
thank you.
Jenn Posted - 24/08/2012 : 22:41:07
paulie78 Posted - 24/08/2012 : 09:52:19
I think for vivariums most people use contiboard to be honest MDFS mostly used for racks

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000