The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Attempting Viv build ,Pic heavy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jenn Posted - 21/07/2012 : 01:28:58

50.00 at the local thrift store, already set for lighting and such, any advice etc, I will gladly take! Thought I would show off my find!! only concern is around the glass doors there is a gap, so was thinking a weather stripping to prevent any escapage. other thoughts on how to work this?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jenn Posted - 29/07/2012 : 05:46:58
again moved pics, oops

fixed.
Donnie Posted - 28/07/2012 : 07:07:17
Sorry to hear that, I hope they turn up soon :(
Jenn Posted - 28/07/2012 : 06:09:22

Dotty enjoying Viv for a few hours before running away from home 8(
Jenn Posted - 28/07/2012 : 06:07:08
8(

Better late than never, so hubby and I decorated, set it up, stayed up and everything to watch them...started watching a show a few hours later and the girls were small enough to slip between the glass and the ...centers?doorjambs?.... (the white vertical pieces between doors)they waited until the tv started and we felt secure enough. b#@*hes... So, not one but 2 are roaming the house since the 25th...lol, just before I noticed Rakshas post. Bottle traps are out, cats being monitored, water placed, rubs all over with substrate if they feel nice and wanna sleep in there for me... I feel sickened. Want to vomit,so depressed and feeling guilty.
Even worse was looked like Dotty was about to lay again, god I hope I was wrong, would be even worse to find dead/rotten eggs.
Fingers crossed for me!! and yes, FIXING DOORS!
ps...they like it, but didnt stay too long!
Raksha Posted - 25/07/2012 : 01:06:42
form the looks of the pics my only conser is how hot its going to be in there with 3 heat mats and bulbs.
but its mult tired so i dont know.
ok your gap issuse do the doors swing outwards or slide?
if they seing outwards get some 1inch by 2inch wood and have it set in a L shape so the hinge can rotate but its blocked off from the inside is my advice
Jenn Posted - 24/07/2012 : 22:34:51
ok painted up, bulbs working bringing it in and setting up, testing temps etc then snakes in! will shoot new pics once I have it all decorated etc.
kev 5 Posted - 24/07/2012 : 20:04:03
looks really good
Jenn Posted - 24/07/2012 : 00:31:05
so for some reason Olympic0 is no longer available...Premier has 0 voc also...Yay for someone with 0's Yay painting tonight!
Jenn Posted - 23/07/2012 : 22:27:49
Thanks, lol, did it all lastnight, 2am bedtime, but got so into it me and hubby just played the night away. Amazing how the time flies!!
Going to buy some paint tonight I think and do it up, siliconed the bottom due to the water dish possible spillage, made the little boxes to stop substrate from falling off shelves when I open doors, filled inthe side gaps so no "eskapee" wires out the bottom. tried to think ofhow to use heat pads so plexi on top with the liquid strips to keep an eye on temps, for the..umm...temp regulating thingamajig for the pads. The cabinets have fixtures built in so, unfortunately the socket is a smaller bulb than all reptile bulbs, so have to go buy some sort of a converter and we got some night bulbs, pretty blue! excited to put my babies into it but guess I HAVE to wait...grrr. Short story long, paint bulbs and all done!!!!
Lozzy Posted - 23/07/2012 : 20:58:22
That look brilliant!!! wow!
Jenn Posted - 23/07/2012 : 20:14:52

need to paint it up, found Olympic0 which is 0 VOC have vines and branches, hubby and kids are going to make ladders!!! get it..lol, Snakes and Ladders!!!
Okeetee Mick Posted - 22/07/2012 : 08:58:56
Look forward to final pics, good luck.
Lozzy Posted - 21/07/2012 : 12:48:14
No good with DIY but looking forward to pictures of this
kev 5 Posted - 21/07/2012 : 08:55:52
will be a nice size viv, be interesting to see how it turns out

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000