The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 diy advice in general

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Raksha Posted - 29/06/2012 : 01:23:43
hi everyone i was wounding what advice you guys can give on building a new viv out of an old one.
my friend has got a very battered 3ft viv that houses one of his yellow anacondas and we both looking at it and we know that it need's a new viv as at the moment the anaconda if he wanted to can break out of it.(and she's been trying)
any pitfalls you can help us avoid.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Raksha Posted - 05/07/2012 : 00:38:48
its chip bored thats been laminated its a old exoterric viv infairness to my frined hes going to be geting a new viv soon as hes got a new job(finaly)

plan is make a new viv thats 4 foot in stead of the orignal 3 and maker the last foot like a hide section kinda like in a rabbit cage
a2c7 Posted - 01/07/2012 : 20:11:49
If it's not solid wood it might be a lost cause. If damp has gotten in there the chipboard will swell and quite possibly be mouldy.

Your best bet, if it isn't mouldy, might be to get yourself some vinyl - the type used for flooring or thick waterproof table cloths, and line the inside of the viv. Making sure it's perfectly sealed. You'll still need to leave gaps for the vents though. Provided it's solid though, and a determined snake couldn't push the wood out of place/break it.
Raksha Posted - 01/07/2012 : 19:07:39

here you go
Raksha Posted - 29/06/2012 : 17:13:57
It can't get out yet. Mind you not east to lose 7ftof snake. No the viv. Is falling to pieces. Glass and runners are fine just the wood its self
Raksha Posted - 29/06/2012 : 17:10:37
I will get a photo next time am over.
a33272 Posted - 29/06/2012 : 11:58:37
What's actually wrong with the viv for you to say the Annie could get out
copey1975 Posted - 29/06/2012 : 11:56:45
Is there any chance of posting a pic of the viv ...so we can see what/where we can offer advise for it?
QueenVic Posted - 29/06/2012 : 03:29:51
Oh, just looked at yellow anacondas and theyre alot smaller than green ones lol.
didnt realise there are subspecies
QueenVic Posted - 29/06/2012 : 03:27:21
Must only be a young anaconda to be in a 3ft viv.. don't often hear about people having them in captivity
Pretty cool :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000