The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Snake racking

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tasha89 Posted - 22/06/2012 : 10:58:07
Hi guys,

I am going to build my own snake racking at the weekend and wondered if any of you had any tips or tircks?

i will be usuing MDF, heat cable, a thermostat and a infra red temperature gun to measuer the temperature.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bazza42 Posted - 17/12/2012 : 16:26:13
dont take this the wrong way, iam a builder, and taking into account that two women have built this, iam really impressed well done girls. alot of blokes couldnt build that lol...
Tasha89 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 21:19:13
HI heres a pic of the snake racking so far, i have had to halt finishing it as my eggs hatched early but will be finishing it soon:-

cobweb251 Posted - 02/07/2012 : 16:38:57
Cool sounds like a plan... And yeah iver is pretty good
Tasha89 Posted - 02/07/2012 : 16:32:22
Well...i had to put it on hold \as b and q sold out of brackets and then i only found out on sunday that the suppier has gone bust, however i have a plan!! i have scrap wood so i am going to make make shift brackets out of that to support the shelves and i am going to start it tonight...ill have to check the iver one out
cobweb251 Posted - 02/07/2012 : 16:27:30
yeah i went and had a look, it wasnt bad but i still think the one in iver is better.... how did the racking making go ?
Tasha89 Posted - 02/07/2012 : 15:34:52
cobweb251 did you have a look down the shop?
cobweb251 Posted - 22/06/2012 : 16:32:54
Ok. I'm planning on taking a look down there tomorrow as well and see if it's as good as you say it is lol
Tasha89 Posted - 22/06/2012 : 16:23:45
I am routing the heating cable lines in and running it along the bottom up, the side, along the underneath of the next shelf and up the shelf side, all the way up...im not to sure how to regulate the temps at the mo but the snake shop i go to have shown me there stacking (hense where the idea and plans come from) and they dont have an issue with temps, however i shall ask them tomorrow.
cobweb251 Posted - 22/06/2012 : 15:05:54
sounds like you have it all figured out..... silly question maybe but with the heating cable if when heating the bottom ones... how are you going to keep the heat from warming the ones above it even more and keeping the heat to one side of the tubs ?
Tasha89 Posted - 22/06/2012 : 14:43:37
No as 1. i dont have an other half and 2. its just strictly girls me and my friend are building it mainly because shes tall and im small (no ladders required lol)...im hoping to fit about 6 of the tubs i have in it and i can remember for the life of me what size they are...ill upload pics of it when its finished providing it looks ok lol
cobweb251 Posted - 22/06/2012 : 12:43:42
cool good luck, you should get the OH to help. how many are you hoping to fit in there ?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000