The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Cheap viv build

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
danny Posted - 11/06/2012 : 16:35:15
Just thought id start a thread on my current viv build for my corn.

Here are two vivariums i built in the past for my bearded dragons although they arent the best i know.

And here is the start of my corn viv build, i started with a old tv cabinet of the net for a whole 99p so happy days :)

The first step was to remove the back pannel as there where wholes everywhere,aswell as the shelves and filled all wholes possible

Third step gave it a good sanding down.

Fourth step a couple of coats of paint followed by cutting some barriers as such to stop the substrate getting in the glass runners. £1.98 pictured to the left of the tank.Allso cut some flooring from hardboard £7 for 2 boards (floor and back piece)

Fifth step glued in the barriers and floor im allso insulating all the inside of the vivarium with some leftover underlay which is used underneath laminate flooring.

Finally i cut more insulating pads for the rear which held in place by themselves followed by a load of glue so it sticks to the back board.

With the back board cut and put on followed by bathroom sealent all inside and across the back.

Over all i am pleased with the outcome i just need to give it one more coat of varnish,what are your thoughts?

Total cost 10 squid
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
danny Posted - 21/06/2012 : 21:09:05
Thanks all.Donnie she haasnt gone upstaires yet, shes been hideing away mostly.I shall leave her untill tommorow then possibley get her out, when i put her back i shall place her up there then she shall hopefully investigaate.

A3327 im not 100% percent that it was bathroom cealent i shall have to double check,it was fully cured and gonee off before tango had been put in there.
a33272 Posted - 20/06/2012 : 15:50:37
Looks cracking that. Only things I've picked up on is one u used bathroom sealant an two what looks like gaffa tape on the purspex.
kev 5 Posted - 20/06/2012 : 06:56:03
looks really good
kdlang Posted - 19/06/2012 : 23:59:47
That looks great and what a bargain. Only thing is you don't want to have any kind of tape inside the viv. If an edge lifts it can cause terrible injuries to the snake.
Donnie Posted - 19/06/2012 : 23:04:20
Looking good :) has he been upstairs yet?
danny Posted - 19/06/2012 : 22:39:00
Hi just thought id let you no how the tank is going. I made a shelf as such with a hole in it so tango can go up and down,aswell as a feature made out of bamboo.Hopefully tango shall settle in soon.

All the best
Danny

I used a sheet of flexi plastic cut to size to cover the heat mat.

danny Posted - 12/06/2012 : 11:35:20
shall update when snakey is transfered
danny Posted - 11/06/2012 : 20:36:51
No thats one thing i havent dont to be honest with you,although my other tanks dont have ventulation meshes as such,but all doors are left open and ventulated atleast once daily so this shant be a problem.
Andrea49 Posted - 11/06/2012 : 20:25:18
They look great. We're going to be modifying some old furniture in august for a bigger viv. Got some great ideas on what to do from this. Thanks
Donnie Posted - 11/06/2012 : 20:17:44
Looks great, just one thing I wondered about have you put in any holes for ventalation?
danny Posted - 11/06/2012 : 19:24:56
Thanx it means alot. Problem is is that i now have half a tank free hehe i shall update pics once tango is transfered
a2c7 Posted - 11/06/2012 : 18:50:26
This looks great, well done on getting it done so cheaply - sometimes things just fall together I guess :)
danny Posted - 11/06/2012 : 17:32:42
Thanx :) yes they are holes in the glass only two wich have celotape on the insinde so i can still acess them but snakey cant.
kev 5 Posted - 11/06/2012 : 17:08:35
looks good
Auld Baldy Posted - 11/06/2012 : 16:51:56
Good job for £10 and a little effort.
Callazagy Posted - 11/06/2012 : 16:46:05
Looks good, just one thing are they holes in the glass to open it, if so you do plan to cover them as i think snakey will get through them?
ScalySituation Posted - 11/06/2012 : 16:37:39
it looks really nice :)

lovely colour

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000