The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Platforms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
QueenVic Posted - 07/06/2012 : 01:44:33
Thinking of putting some permanent platforms in my viv along the back.
Two or three so that I make use of the space cos its quite tall.

Anyone done this and have any pictures?
Need some inspiration lol
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a2c7 Posted - 07/06/2012 : 19:59:51
We also have suspended items in our vivs. Ginn has a huge tube of cork wood (nice and light so easy to hang) suspended from eyelets in the roof with garden twine. It's strong stuff and looks very natural in the viv - we've draped her foliage around the wood and twine in places. It does swing a bit if you push it, but this can be prevented by having one end on the floor - which also gives easy snake access. We had it like this at first and then when Ginn was used to it we hung it up completely and put other branches at either end so she can easily climb up.

Aysha has rope suspended but I also made her a custom background out of polystyrene which has various depths of cave and shelves at various heights.

She seems to love these little nooks and crannies and frequently squishes herself into the gaps I made for the vents on the viv!

Edit: Aysha is a boa and therefore my background is reinforced with bbq skewers underneath all the polystyrene, sealant and grout. By doing this I've ensured her bulk won't cause the back of my viv any stress, as the background is obviously separate to the wooden back meaning all the weight will be taken by it and not my viv.

My concern about shelves with bigger snakes is always the strength of the board used in the back of a viv, but since corns are such light weights there shouldn't be a problem.
kev 5 Posted - 07/06/2012 : 17:14:42
quote:
Originally posted by Callazagy

Nothing permenent, but I made this for Grantly last week, he loves it but he is a carpet python so likes to get up high every now and again. Its a piece cork bark with cable ties passed through and suspended using hooks in the roof of the viv.

Ive also started making platforms out of willow and bamboo canes, which ive put up in the same way.

looks really good

Chris

Callazagy Posted - 07/06/2012 : 08:09:44
Just poke a few hole through the cork, i first fastned the ties and squeezed it through the hole from underneath, the nobley bit of the tie stops it going all the way through, think it looks like a really tidy way of doing it.

Chris
QueenVic Posted - 07/06/2012 : 02:53:20
Thats a great idea. Didnt think of suspending something.
Good picture too :) he looks chilled up there

how've you attached the tie wraps?
Callazagy Posted - 07/06/2012 : 01:58:33
Nothing permenent, but I made this for Grantly last week, he loves it but he is a carpet python so likes to get up high every now and again. Its a piece cork bark with cable ties passed through and suspended using hooks in the roof of the viv.

Ive also started making platforms out of willow and bamboo canes, which ive put up in the same way.

Chris

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000