The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 beer fridge incubator

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marc_sg Posted - 13/05/2012 : 19:14:16
i no its a bit late now but for next year i have managed to get my self a old beer fridge. now i need to know how to how to disconnect the gas pipes. ive been told to just cut them but wanna check first. i remeber a thread on here about doing it but cant find it .if anyone can id be greatful
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marc_sg Posted - 07/06/2012 : 08:24:06
I bought a beer fridge near u on ebay but cant pick it up if thats any good to u. Its less then a fiver. A family member was ment to get it for me but their not now. If u wanna pay for it its yours
QueenVic Posted - 07/06/2012 : 01:41:34

I think i will give it a go then.
Need to aquire a mini fridge from somewhere lol
marc_sg Posted - 07/06/2012 : 01:36:45
That ok i will do a step by step like i did with the polystyrene box incubator that i made once im happy and its all ready to have the hole sealed where the cables come in sealed air tight.
QueenVic Posted - 07/06/2012 : 01:27:44
haha, it'll fit quite a few boxes in though so thats good.
You'll have to post a photo when its full of eggs :D

I should have two clutches next year, getting another female at some point soon. Can't wait lol.

Been thinking I might give it a go at making an incubator from a mini fridge, so this thread has been helpful, cheers :)
marc_sg Posted - 07/06/2012 : 01:09:15
Well next year i should have 2 poss 3 breeding females so more than that lol.
QueenVic Posted - 07/06/2012 : 00:51:03
quote:
Originally posted by marc_sg

The humidity wont be a problems because it will be inside the egg container boxes which are sealed any way

Dont know why i didnt think that haha!
Are you planning on having just one clutch on the shelf or one at the bottom too then?
marc_sg Posted - 07/06/2012 : 00:48:37
Forgot to say the bottom heat mat is now stuck on the back at the bottom.
marc_sg Posted - 07/06/2012 : 00:46:57
The humidity wont be a problems because it will be inside the egg container boxes which are sealed any way
QueenVic Posted - 07/06/2012 : 00:42:27
Looks good!
And im not sure about the temp problem..
You could try it with a fan, but it might be harder to keep humidity up maybe?

Getting there though :D
marc_sg Posted - 07/06/2012 : 00:36:06
I got bored earlier so cracked on with this. So far im really happy with it. But theres a temp difference. And im not sure how to solve it. On the rack it reads 84.2°f and on the botton it reads 80.7°f . Im thinking about getting a mini fan to make the hot air circulate round what do yous think.

QueenVic Posted - 06/06/2012 : 23:44:30
shouldnt laugh...
but hahahaha.

gutting for you though
a33272 Posted - 06/06/2012 : 21:47:26
quote:
Originally posted by QueenVic

quote:
Originally posted by a33272

this would all depend on if ya an enviromentalist who crys about out ozone layer or not........

Haha like that.

But nah it's pretty dangerous lol, not poisonous but it can cause you to suffocate if you inhale too much of it, displaces the oxygen in your lungs.

Trust me that's the least of ya worries if u release it to quick, I was refilling a re gas unit once when i worked in a garage, as the unit has a dedicated cylinder an u had to refill that from a disposible canister. Well to refill the unit one u had to hold the disposible one higher up kinda waist height. I was holding the disposible one an lad I worked with forgot to turn the valve off when he disconnected it we both got covered in gas an well my family jewels got a dose of the stuff an were biterly cold for a good 30 mins
marc_sg Posted - 06/06/2012 : 11:06:30
Ok i will be sorting it out next week so i will upload pics
QueenVic Posted - 06/06/2012 : 01:52:55
quote:
Originally posted by marc_sg

ive already had it de gassed and im now putting all the heating in it for next year but thanks everyone for the afvice

Get some pics once its up and ready to go if you can
ive been thinking about doing this for next year since i will have two clutches..
Either that or just buying an incubator lol

Pics would be interesting though
QueenVic Posted - 06/06/2012 : 01:51:40
quote:
Originally posted by a33272

this would all depend on if ya an enviromentalist who crys about out ozone layer or not........

Haha like that.

But nah it's pretty dangerous lol, not poisonous but it can cause you to suffocate if you inhale too much of it, displaces the oxygen in your lungs.
marc_sg Posted - 17/05/2012 : 21:33:16
ive already had it de gassed and im now putting all the heating in it for next year but thanks everyone for the afvice
a33272 Posted - 17/05/2012 : 19:11:13
Kehhlyr Posted - 17/05/2012 : 12:10:03
It also depends on the gas inside it.
Some gases can be vented, others can't.
It should be possible to remove the entire motor and pressurised system in one large hit and then take to local authorised site for depressuring and recycling.

I removed the entire gas system from a 5ft fridge/freezer a couple years back to make an incubator, it shouldn't be that much different.
Just be careful with the pipes, as when they are removed from retaining clips they are more flexible than they look and are easily crimped and broken.
Auld Baldy Posted - 13/05/2012 : 20:02:55
You cannot just cut and ditch the coolant pipes. Fridges & freezers must be first emptied of the CFC coolant gasses.

Google: Fridge/freezer recycling.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000