The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 new home for snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
derek Posted - 08/05/2012 : 18:38:18
hello guys and girls

iv put together a new home for my snake its a 3ft tank iv built a wooden lid for it witch fits tightly but im looking for some help with making the lid heavier we made it so it almost touches the glass bars at top of tank (if any of you can see what im on about in your minds ) but the prob i have is there is about a 1cm gap between the glass bar and the lid and iv noticed that the little bugger is getting between this gap and making the lid move about 1cm how can i weigh it down or stop snakey from doing it hope some of you may have some info or help or any ideas as i dont want the little bugger to get out and go walk about it just goes to show i didnt think she would get up there and do that to the lid so she just proved me wrong any suggestions would be great full
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
derek Posted - 09/05/2012 : 20:31:16
thanks for that il try and get some wood in there and some silicone in there too to bloke that off and looks like top of tank could become a storage shelf lol anything to keep em in haha thanks again
a2c7 Posted - 09/05/2012 : 11:56:08
Books on top of it? Lifting weights? Level the gap he can squeeze into with aquarium sealant so when the lid is on there isn't a gap anymore? Put some planks of wood there on the glass bars so there isn't a gap anymore? (Just not pine, obviously)
bigJME Posted - 08/05/2012 : 21:06:19
that will be rather awkward to cover. Does it matter how it looks? you could perhaps cut a piece of material the correct size and fasten that in. perhaps some wood or anything that is thick enough to prevent escapes however can be secured easily
derek Posted - 08/05/2012 : 20:43:04
http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa360/derek391/?action=view¤t=Photo0011.jpghttp://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa360/derek391/?action=view¤t=Photo0012.jpghttp://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa360/derek391/?action=view¤t=Photo0013.jpg
hi big jme hope this helps ? there is a pic of lod and of the glass bars
bigJME Posted - 08/05/2012 : 18:59:41
if you could post a picture of what you mean it would be a huge help :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000