The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 any ideas would be greatful

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mkmattyk Posted - 04/04/2012 : 14:25:18
Hi guys im looking for ideas for hides... ive seen the post about the clay hides which, as we speak my two little girls are doing but, i was thinking more on the lines of household products like pringles tubes.

any ideas folks???
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a2c7 Posted - 12/04/2012 : 17:03:33
I've been saving up plastic pots from creme fraiche etc, cause they're plastic they'll be easy to clean and reuse. Currently our king's favourite hide is a worn out sock of Pony's! We've spent lots of money on her viv and stuff for in it and gave her the sock to make her feel at home there, now (unless she's out exploring) she doesn't hide anywhere else!!
mkmattyk Posted - 05/04/2012 : 14:04:39
well actually a friend works at a carpet place and he can get me some tubes from them
Lili Posted - 05/04/2012 : 04:14:25
if toilet roll tubes are too small you can go ask at a grocery store or somewhere that uses industrial sized rolls of plastic wrap, the rolls vary in size and are super heavy duty but cheap to replace too, probably a similar size to pringles tubes actually
mikeyd_26 Posted - 04/04/2012 : 22:05:19
try salt dough, there's plenty of recipes online and its cheap and easy to make
mkmattyk Posted - 04/04/2012 : 21:43:18
Thanks Lupi. Youve given me a great idea about hanging something from the roof genius
And emmy my gals are doing some paper machi this weekend cause atm there doing some air drying clay ones lol
Emmy1 Posted - 04/04/2012 : 21:10:12
Paper mache hides! They're so much fun! I've made a good few and they're still going strongs. Going to be making a skull hide soon. Plus, if you have children, it could serve as some quality time/ involve them being responsible for the animal in a fun way.

If you don't have such time available, mine enjoy cardboard tubes from kitchen towels/ loo rolls. Wilkinsons and Poundland sometimes have fun ornaments to put in fish tanks on sale that can act as hides. I had a little treasure chest serve as a hide until Shoezy got too large. Now it's in the fish tank.

I have seen some really cool wicker/ thatch bird hides in vivs on here for snakes to hide in. They look really cool and natural.
lupi lou Posted - 04/04/2012 : 21:07:57
it not a corn, but heres some thing i made for my hammy, and i enjoyed every minuet of emptying the biscuit box :-)
Mamma Posted - 04/04/2012 : 17:35:51
quote:
Originally posted by tordyjo

mine love their toblerone tubes, i love making hides out of boxes easy to throw out too if they poop on it

and a good excuse to by such munchables as toblerone, pringles etc
tordyjo Posted - 04/04/2012 : 17:29:57
mine love their toblerone tubes, i love making hides out of boxes easy to throw out too if they poop on it
mkmattyk Posted - 04/04/2012 : 15:10:57
lol guess what my kids will be getting this easter then??
Mamma Posted - 04/04/2012 : 14:36:02
sourcing hides is loads of fun. I cant even go food shopping without buying something cos the tube/box is amazing looking for a hide hahahaha! You get smarties in big tubes etc too. Easter is coming up as well so theres bound to be some cool chocolate stuff in cool boxes
mkmattyk Posted - 04/04/2012 : 14:33:14
just got aload of them mamma and the reason why im asking is cause i saw you boa in one lol, ive got a few small pen boxes from work aswell now, im on the scrat at work lol x
Mamma Posted - 04/04/2012 : 14:28:06
yus :) pringle tubes!! I just posted pics of my boa and her pringles hide she loves it! I use all kindsa boxes, cuppa soup boxes etc. But you def cannot go wrong with the pringles tubes. xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000