The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 heatmat,probe&thermometer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ryan_q8 Posted - 02/11/2011 : 22:39:44
I have seen some level of discussion regarding how it is best to be setup.
Currently i have the heatmat inside my 4foot wooden viv held down by one end of a branch and a hide. No matter what i do it never stays in place so i want to fix it to the bottom of the viv have been told duck tape would be fine, would it be?
Also have the theremometer abd probe wires stuck to the viv wall with plastic sucktion cups but these are constantly coming off. What do others do?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Auld Baldy Posted - 04/11/2011 : 20:13:28
Try the patented 'Auld Baldy Tidy Probe'.
It works fine in 3 of my vivs just buried in the chips but you could use a couple of 'saddle clips' instead of suction cups to fix the cables/ tube. Suction cups don't usually work very well if there is any grain in the wood finish.

For the heat mat, keep the amount of cable inside the viv as short as possible. If necessary, drill another hole which lines up straight to the mat terminal. (See the pics in the DIY topic.)

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20336
jonoandapril Posted - 04/11/2011 : 18:11:38
i dont use heat matts, but my stat probe is just buried all the way to the black bit on the end which sticks up under my heat lamp just above the substrate. iv taken care to avoid where they normally burrow so it wont be moved by curious snakes.
Red123 Posted - 03/11/2011 : 12:16:57
I think I have seen someone on here use drawing pins in each corner of the mat, just in the laminate, to hold the mat in place. As Mamma has said most certainly DO NOT use duck tape or any other tape. My probe wire and thermometer wire are banded together with an elastic band then wedged under the edge of the warm hide so the probes rest on top of the mat just outside the hide so a cold snake does not lay on them.
Mamma Posted - 02/11/2011 : 22:45:38
nooooo! If the snake by some chance manages to catch its self on that tape... and if it struggles..... it could rip the scales right off causing pain, and possible serious health probs due to severe scale damage.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000