The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 a birthday present

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mkmattyk Posted - 12/08/2011 : 08:59:46
so it my birthday and my mum has found these boxes that she is going to buy for me and my snakes just wanted your opinion before she gets them this afternoon

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/plastic-storage-/crystal-storage-box-with-lid-clear-62ltr/invt/0285472/?htxt=97WsQ53WUsgHaLI540I0lWQ0JjG9RZlugvtHf%2BDkukd%2Fer0x1BoLq2%2BrBz3h9ESlKMOS2od61UA%2F%0AwS6wM%2Fam1g%3D%3D
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Red123 Posted - 13/08/2011 : 08:41:51
I use these for my GALS and they are excellent. Really clear so you can see in easily. Lid would need securing though not just each end near the handles but along the long edges as well. I think some people use curtain hooks. Small hole drilled through the lid and edge of box and hook pushed through and twisted over.
mkmattyk Posted - 12/08/2011 : 19:36:12
thanks garrie, and thanks everyone for the advise
tordyjo Posted - 12/08/2011 : 18:37:54
for plastic rubs i keep the mat outside but it must be stated or else the mat can get too hot and it has been known for an over hot mat to melt the plastic
garrie Posted - 12/08/2011 : 12:00:35
Happy birthday Matty :-)
west5680 Posted - 12/08/2011 : 11:05:37
I've got one of these and a smaller one that i use for feeding in or putting snakes in while i am cleaning out. They are quite good quality, had i seen them and known you could house snakes in them prior to getting my hatchi i would have got them instead of buying a starter set with a faun. I've drilled air holes with mine, the only prob is the handles but you could easily secure with a hole drilled through each handle and a bolt or padlock.
mkmattyk Posted - 12/08/2011 : 09:19:43
thanks simmy im going to mod them first not sure how yet but the obvious is air holes (a prob a whole for the heat mat lead) if i decide to put mat inside, prob wont though, it will all come to me when i get them (the ideas that is)
Simmy_82 Posted - 12/08/2011 : 09:03:25
Look fine to me. My only concern would be the lids. You'd have to come up with a wat to keep them shut. They dont look particulary secure?

EDIT: Heat Mats - I would say it depends on the air flow below them. If there is some i'd say outside. But im not 100% about that...
mkmattyk Posted - 12/08/2011 : 09:01:40
obviously i would mod them but my main concern if i got them is heat mats outside or inside??

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000