The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 LED viewing lights

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jonnyc1988 Posted - 09/07/2011 : 10:14:50
Ive just got a viv exotic viv for my corn. I was thinking about getting some LED lights for viewing. I was wondering if anyone has used any of the lucky reptile LED kits? and if they are any good? i was thinking of fitting 2 of their LED strips, and 2 of their nightsky moonlight LEDs. Ive priced it up and it comes to £46.44, Im happy to pay that, just want to make sure they are good quality before i buy. cheers.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a33272 Posted - 13/07/2011 : 17:45:08
the stuff i use has 3M tape on so just peel off an stick on, no they show more intrest in the white than the red, red is suposidly one of the spectums of colour they cant see along with blue
jonnyc1988 Posted - 13/07/2011 : 16:47:27
Cheers, those strips look quite good. Do they just stick down like cellotape? will save drilling more holes in my viv. Although im not too sure about the red, wont that send your snake crazy? haha :p
a33272 Posted - 09/07/2011 : 18:03:02
i brought a 5 metre roll of waterproof led strip for £20 all i needed then was a 12v transformer an some wire at same time i did the same in red. this was in 2 vivs heres the outcome

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15336
tordyjo Posted - 09/07/2011 : 15:54:47
lol, mines a climber see although he hasn't been up there yet, i think its just a matter of time
jonnyc1988 Posted - 09/07/2011 : 12:51:05
cheers, they seem quite reasonable, although im fairly sure my snake wont be able to get to the top of my viv let alone have a poo there. Mind you, i'd be impressed if he did..... :p
tordyjo Posted - 09/07/2011 : 11:55:13
i bought my LED lights from 'pets at home', they're actually meant for a fish tank so if snake poops on them they should be safe as they're meant for underwater, can get them in blue or white with a box to plug 3 in at once and an adaptor, for a strip and 2 singles, with the box and adaptor cost 20 quid and lights my 2ft viv fantastic if not a bit much, but worth a look before buying expensive equipment.
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/aquarium-led-light-set-by-pets-at-home-36815
this is the link to the LED strip light which came with its own adaptor

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000