The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Tobacco colour? I think not!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Spreebok Posted - 16/05/2011 : 17:11:56
Due to a rather insistent cat trying to bat Rimmers faun off everytime he sneaks in my room, I decided to move Rimmer into Listers Exo Terra 12" cube and get Lister a new, bigger house. I was going to get the Exo Terra 18", but it was ridiculously huge! So I decided to get a 2 foot viv and pack it out with plants and such. However, the shop only had Tobacco in, my least favourite viv colour. So, a quick trip to B&Q and an hour of cutting and sticking later, I have this:

(Dont mind the piggy bank!)
You can see the original colour on the bottom of the viv
It was done with stickon wood stuff (I forget the name) and I got a 4 meter roll for £6 :)

Before:

After:

Comparison:

Can you guess I have a dog? :P
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Spreebok Posted - 14/06/2011 : 10:42:17
quote:
Originally posted by tarotpodge

What a good idea. Have ofen wondered if that would be safe to use, to cover a viv.

Yeah, it's fine, just gotta make sure there are no exposed sticky bits :)
tarotpodge Posted - 14/06/2011 : 09:43:25
What a good idea. Have ofen wondered if that would be safe to use, to cover a viv.
kobylka Posted - 14/06/2011 : 09:13:19
a bit off topic but i got loads of fablon off ebay and used it to cover my kitchen cupboards. it is really hardy, rarely tears and the edges stay stuck, never thought of using it on a viv..... hmmmmmm ideas :)
Spreebok Posted - 17/05/2011 : 00:18:25
So long as you take the back panel off and fold and stick the stuff to the inside edges (the edges hidden) there will be no places for snakey to get stuck! :)
kdlang Posted - 16/05/2011 : 23:22:32
I have got some black vinyl (just like fablon) that I was going to use in the back of my new second-hand viv stack as it has been stained by snakey poo. The only thing that put me off was that I didnt know if there was any risk of loose edges and the snakies getting stuck in it
Spreebok Posted - 16/05/2011 : 22:02:17
Yeah, it seems like it would hold humidity well! My only problem would be that when I was placing the runners and runner uh, thing it sits on in, it scraped the cover abit of the sides :(
ptmbradley Posted - 16/05/2011 : 21:37:53
Well done that looks great. Like Louise, I'm probably going to be using that stuff for my brb when he's big enough for a viv so it's nice to see it in action.
Spreebok Posted - 16/05/2011 : 19:44:33
Thanks HannahB, I'm really pleased with it!
Also, my first time putting a wooden viv together, was fun, I love DIY :D
HannahB Posted - 16/05/2011 : 19:15:25
ooh that looks really good
nice work!
Spreebok Posted - 16/05/2011 : 18:26:50
Lets just say it involved A LOT of resticking on some pieces lol! :D
Invalid User Posted - 16/05/2011 : 17:33:00
I have used it before but never got it as smooth as you have. I get loads of air bubbles lol
Spreebok Posted - 16/05/2011 : 17:31:27
and yes! Thats the stuff, Fablon! :)
And I reckon that would work, it's basically a plastic sheet! :D
Invalid User Posted - 16/05/2011 : 17:16:02
That looks great, I would never have known.

I'm thinking of using that stuff for the inside of my brbs viv later to help stop the wood warping from the humidity.

It's called Fablon (I think!)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000