The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Here's Jack!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JackSnake Posted - 05/06/2010 : 14:27:50
Hey!

19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JackSnake Posted - 29/12/2011 : 20:45:31
Here is a picture of Jack 1.5years older since we got him...
hillzi Posted - 06/07/2010 : 13:01:23
nice little amel I love the shot of him with the slavia dripping down oo

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Nice snake mate.

Just wondering do you have a thermostat and a digital thermometer?

It looks as if you have a lot of Aspen over the heated side and if your snake burrowed it may burn him.

These questions need to be answered mate

One think I've noticed is that personally I feel the snakes too small for a proper viv just yet, he could get stressed being in what to him is a large open space, go off feeding or escape through the gap in the glass doors.
JackSnake Posted - 06/07/2010 : 12:17:58
kdlang - haha thats how Jack reacts when we go to pick him up! As Kellog mentioned, our "RUB" is a baby bath, so it is a bit hard trying to get that upto the viv, so think we will put kitchen towel down and try to lift him carefully back into it that way.
Jack is also on 2 fuzzies now, and he even looks for more once those are eaten, so may increase size of the mouse once these have all gone.
Quite some time ago i posted asking questions about vivs...i have finally finished making Jacks one and kept it as a surprise for my girlfriend...all went down well, so here are a couple of pics. Just buying all the decoration and bits this week...

Kellog Posted - 22/06/2010 : 04:45:06
Jack is stunning. Somehow missed your first lot of pics (dont get on here as much as I would like to )....so I am so glad you added the pics of him feeding outside of his viv. I also love the 2nd to last pic where he is looking straight at the camera with the remains of his dinner poking out of his mouth ! The last pic is a beauty of him, it shows of his colouring and markings really well.

I know that I used to have the same trouble with Silvesta going for me when I went to get him out of the RUB after feeding as you have had with Jack. It did get better with time as he got used to the idea.

I know that some forum members feed their snakes on kitchen roll and then lift it, like a hammock, so that they avoid touching the actual snake....but, of course, you need to make sure it is thick enough not to break.

You could certainly try doing what Kdlang suggested and tip the RUB slightly near the door of his viv so he can slide in himself, although going by the pics that might be hard as it looks big. Otherwise it is just a case of moving it as close to his viv as possible to reduce the time you are carrying him and just get on with it.

It may be that he is still hungry....is there still a bump after he has eaten? I found it hard to see where his 'dinner' was in the last pic. If that is the case then it may be worthwhile giving him 2 or upping his prey size. I am no expert though and this is just something I thought of....

xxx

Sizzlesmum Posted - 21/06/2010 : 20:27:02
Jack is stunning

The second from last pic really made me smile
reptiledanny Posted - 21/06/2010 : 17:45:17
congrats on the feeding in the tub, good to now u went the right way and decided to feed outside the tub to avoid future problems,
i didn't know you could handle your corn after being fed to put him back, whenever i try to do that with monty he tries to bite me, is this because he is still hungry, he is about 3ft long and the small mouse just leaves a bump, will try to weigh him when he has finished digestion
jessejamez666 Posted - 21/06/2010 : 16:47:08
You have got some great pics there dude!
kdlang Posted - 21/06/2010 : 16:30:17
Those are lovely photos. My amel Alice is fed in a feeding tub and he usually acts pretty spazzy when i pick him up to put him back in the viv. It's just a case of putting the tub as close to the viv as possible, scooping him up trying to support the bump (or in my case 2 bumps as Alice is on 2 small mice now) and popping him into the viv as quickly and safely as possible. My kids laugh at me cos I usually tell him off with words like "go steady you plonker or you will hurt your tum then puke all over me n then it's snake skin boots time". lol
You could always try taking the tub to the viv and gently tipping him back into the viv although I have never really managed to do this successfully as my feeding tub is too big.
It's really good that Jack did eat outside the viv. My carolina won't even entertain the idea although he is still hit and miss whether he will eat inside the viv as well.
JackSnake Posted - 21/06/2010 : 15:38:39
Hello again!
Jack shed about 2 weeks ago and still going strong. Just thought i would put some pics of him for the first time of feeding outside viv as many have said about the substrate getting stuck. Only thing is...he really didn't like being touched to be put back in viv. Is it common?

crazy JJ Posted - 06/06/2010 : 16:38:30
n'awww cute snakie and nice pics :)
HannahB Posted - 06/06/2010 : 13:57:00
nice pics
n/a Posted - 06/06/2010 : 07:40:56
Aww, he's lovely! He looks great, curled up on the aspen like that
LittleMick Posted - 05/06/2010 : 15:14:51
Hey Jack, great snaps, love the last one.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 05/06/2010 : 15:12:13
May be worth taking the dial therm off the side and placing it on the aspen so you get a better reading then
mozacchio Posted - 05/06/2010 : 15:10:54
Lovely snake!
Nice pics..!
reptiledanny Posted - 05/06/2010 : 15:02:56
wow, lovely snake you have there, just be carefull feeding him in his tank, he could swallow a piece of aspen and thats not good, if you want you can feed him outside his tank in a plastic box and then put him back in or if you like feeding in the tank put a piece of kitchen roll under him so that he is not in contact with the aspen.
JackSnake Posted - 05/06/2010 : 14:56:47
DannyBrown91 - Hi, yes we do have a thermostat but no digital thermometer as of yet...but...since joining this forum i have read and learned alot already.
Jacks new viv should be ready by the end of the week and that will have a digital thermometer in it.
Reading through viv setup guides on here, pointed out a couple of bits i had wrong, so i can now sort them out.
Sta~ple Posted - 05/06/2010 : 14:50:04
Nice snake :o
DannyBrown91 Posted - 05/06/2010 : 14:38:03
Nice snake mate.

Just wondering do you have a thermostat and a digital thermometer?

It looks as if you have a lot of Aspen over the heated side and if your snake burrowed it may burn him.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000