The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 The old man and the snakes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kellog Posted - 04/06/2010 : 05:12:43
(firstly please ignore all the dust in these pics....unfortunately housekeeping cannot be anywhere near the top of my priority list )

Meet Four-Feet. He is about 35" tall and made of ironwood. The last time we went to South Africa I was stupid enough to let my OH go out alone a few days before we were due to fly home (while I met up with an old friend). He came back saying that he had bought a few pieces of African art from the road-side sellers. I wasnt surprised and was quite happy....Africa is in my blood and I love to surround myself with memories of it. First he brought in a beautiful African head carved from soapstone, then an elephant, then a rhino....then after a few more trips to the car (and about 10 items later) he said he had one more thing to show me....and then he brought in Four-Feet !!! He is gorgeous and I love him to bits but you can imagine my reaction - we fly in 2 days time, how the **** are we going to get all these bits back without any damage, especially a wooden man that is so heavy I cant lift it!! Luckily my friend had some contacts and my OH packed everything carefully and it was all air-freighted home safely.

He is called Four-feet as he supposedly looks exactly like the driver that took my OH, mum, dad and aunt up the hair-pin mountain road to Lesotho....

Enough talk....now for some pics and yes they do involve my snakes as they have discovered a wonderful climbing frame !

10th March 2010

16th March 2010 (you can see that Kellog was just turning blue here)

21st March 2010

(you can just make out Silvesta's tongue flick!)

Talk about strength and balance!!

'See no evil....'

Heading down....

Snake in a bag!

18th April 2010

Sorry to inundate you with more pics of my 2, just like the way my 2 loves have come together - Africa and my snakes

xxx

19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
elament Posted - 06/06/2010 : 12:55:50
Excellent pics judith your two are stunning
Kellog Posted - 05/06/2010 : 04:22:43
Thanks for all the lovely comments....OH has just downloaded camera and I have discovered I have a few more so will see if there are some more to add.

I love my African stuff....just sitting here in my lounge I have 3 wooden heads, a stone head, a stone rhino, a stone elephant, 2 ostrich eggs, lots of semi-precious gems (which are something I collect), a mask and a wooden group of a family of 4 (although I had to remove one of the wooden clubs as where it was and the angle it was being held made it look like something else ). Oh, and Four Feet of course!!

Have been through 2 African drums Mick, the first one from SA and a few years after having it we began to notice holes and sawdust on the floor....it had woodworm . Jos was heartbroken, it was a gorgeous drum. But actually discovered it while my OH was climbing Kilimanjaro so he brought him a drum back from that trip!

I also have stuff from other parts of the world, a stone pyramid from Egypt, a wooden fish and coral from the Caribbean, a vase from Spain....all memories.

As for the dusting, cos of my health it is only done once a week by the cleaner....but Four Feet is actually really difficult to dust as the wood catches on the material of the duster. My argument is that it gives him a more natural look .

So expect more photos in this thread at some point (sorry )....but I think they are actually better photos than these ones!

xxx
crazy JJ Posted - 05/06/2010 : 01:29:04
there great pics and kellog and silvesta are looking fab as usual haha :D

i would love to go to africa at some point in my life aswell :D spec to go on a safari :D
col654 Posted - 04/06/2010 : 23:27:31
Nice pice there Kellog
n/a Posted - 04/06/2010 : 20:52:23
lovely piccys :)
Mouse Posted - 04/06/2010 : 20:16:07
awesome pics! Love four feet!
gmac Posted - 04/06/2010 : 20:08:29
Nice piccies Kellog
LittleMick Posted - 04/06/2010 : 19:28:26
Great snaps Kellog, love the stature, nit sure I like souvenirs, my bro went to S.Africa and he came back with a drum, a bloomin drum of all things. What did he think I was going to do? Some snake taming. I do like that statue though, I prefer the animal statues though.

I'm not a big fan of dusting either, just the though of wiping down every surface, but yet I'm one of these that likes everthing in it's place, all me DVD's in order, damn even my pets supplie even have there proper place, lol.
jessejamez666 Posted - 04/06/2010 : 16:22:24
oops
reptiledanny Posted - 04/06/2010 : 15:34:49
quote:
Originally posted by jessejamez666

Great pics !!Love the we he comes round the neck. What type are your corns ???
Is the statue by any chance African????

well if you read the starting post then you would now.

and kellog is a ghost and silvesta is an anery
n/a Posted - 04/06/2010 : 14:23:51
Aww, they are just lovely! I totally adore Mr. Four-Feet as well, he is very cool Quality photos xx
jessejamez666 Posted - 04/06/2010 : 14:22:11
Great pics !!Love the we he comes round the neck. What type are your corns ???
Is the statue by any chance African????
Kellog Posted - 04/06/2010 : 13:13:02
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

Moved.

Nice photos Kellog.

*bows and grovels to Matty* Thank you so much, will try and be more careful next time !

Thanks also for all the nice comments. Hannah, if you can get to Africa then go!! I would drop everything and go back if I could....

xxx

matty18714 Posted - 04/06/2010 : 13:09:39
Moved.

Nice photos Kellog.
Kellog Posted - 04/06/2010 : 13:00:33
Posting at 5 in the morning is not a good idea! Mods, could you please move this out of the reptile photo section to the corn photo section.

xxx
HannahB Posted - 04/06/2010 : 11:53:59
great pics
i think africa is getting higher and higher up my holiday destinations wishlist!
n/a Posted - 04/06/2010 : 10:16:09
great pics. thats the best climbing frame ever
Dan-sunkist Posted - 04/06/2010 : 10:10:46
cool climbing frams for some lovley snakes
mozacchio Posted - 04/06/2010 : 09:02:06
Nice pics..!
I really like Four-Feet!
Kellog ans Silvesta are gorgeous as always..!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000