The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 My Escape Artist Zebedee!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tatsie-j Posted - 13/05/2010 : 14:23:19
on his way out...
Nearly Free!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 27/02/2011 : 13:06:23
This thread was started 9 months ago Tim. I doubt the OP will be reading this now.
n/a Posted - 26/02/2011 : 18:18:21
There is an extensive discussion regarding corn snakes sharing a vivarium on this forum. To suggest you should 'definately' partition the vivarium or house the corns in seperate vivs is only one side of the arguement.

Many keepers house corns together with no issues, and I have to say that I did quite some research on the subject and the overwhelming attitude of experienced corn snake keepers and breeders was that you could happily house a colony in one tank.

Many here would disagree, and there is much youtube footage to suggest Corn's can be aggressive or even canabalistic.

If yours are happy in the same tank, and seem comfortable with the arrangement don't take a knee jerk reaction to change, do your own research.
Mouse Posted - 24/05/2010 : 19:41:55
awesome little escape artist!!
gorgeous snake! :D
n/a Posted - 24/05/2010 : 18:45:13
spitting image of my old corn chequers!
always on the run. so curious, thats partly what makes them interesting! :)
Kazzaboobers Posted - 22/05/2010 : 10:43:18
My goodness - after watching Sookie slither up and down the side of the gap for most of last night am thinking it is only a matter of time before she figures out what to do!!! Oh dear! and thank you Dean - she is ace lol I love the checkboard on yours x
Kellog Posted - 22/05/2010 : 05:30:19
Just posted pics of my vivs - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6324, shows the red paper binder that I have found to be so successful.

xxx
Kellog Posted - 21/05/2010 : 05:46:01
quote:
Originally posted by Tatsie-j

Kellog- any chance u can take a picture of the binder 2 show us?

Have just loaded some pics of both vivs onto photobucket - so will try and post them on here in the next few days.

It does mean you have a bright red (or whatever colour) line down the middle of the viv, but it looks better than lots of cardboard, is safer, slides easily and must be softer on their noses when they are rubbing them against the glass edge trying to escape.

xxx
Tatsie-j Posted - 18/05/2010 : 10:41:44
Kellog- any chance u can take a picture of the binder 2 show us?
Kellog Posted - 18/05/2010 : 04:34:03
quote:
Originally posted by Dean86

i have no idea how it flattens so much... i watched him once it was really bad... his head looks painful as it goes thru lol

but those pics he has got thru the gap in the glass which is small enough but is blocked with folded card aswell so at a guess he is gettin thru 2-3mm gap!!......

Did you know that their heads can flatten? My OH loves demonstrating this (which is why I keep him away from my snakes as much as possible ). Also their ribs spread out and flatten to allow the snake to slip through the smallest gap.

Try the paper binder instead of the cardboard, with my viv it virtually closes the gap. Also the plastic is harder than the cardboard, so wont flatten therefore allowing a gap for Zebedee to escape through.

xxx
n/a Posted - 17/05/2010 : 22:56:01
i have no idea how it flattens so much... i watched him once it was really bad... his head looks painful as it goes thru lol

but those pics he has got thru the gap in the glass which is small enough but is blocked with folded card aswell so at a guess he is gettin thru 2-3mm gap!!

its crazy... the smaller snake never even goes near the glass

also i like ya snake its well nice!!!
Kazzaboobers Posted - 17/05/2010 : 19:35:12
How does it manage to flatten so much? How wide is the gap between the 2 panes of glass?
n/a Posted - 17/05/2010 : 09:21:40
orite thnx for that... i was playin about with em for ages... but the DEFAULT image code (when u click the little icon) it places [ IMG] & [ /IMG] guess i was missing the *

gonna change the pics now

EDIT: worked it out... imageshack or the forum wouldnt allow the album to be posted as a picture lol
DannyBrown91 Posted - 17/05/2010 : 00:17:26
Sorry, was just testing. If you put img tags on the links then the pictures will show.

All you have to do is put [*img] on the front of the link and [*/img] on the end.

Minus the stars that is.

Nice pic though

Editted to add: Might be worth starting your own thread
n/a Posted - 17/05/2010 : 00:02:51
here are some pics from 2nite... caught him escaping even with the wedge of cardboard between the gap!!

cant work out gettin pics on here as dont accept any links i throw at it..

here they are

Album:
http://img225.imageshack.us/g/16052010132.jpg

4 Pics:

Dan-sunkist Posted - 15/05/2010 : 16:30:46
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Wow, what a stunning snake, beautifully marked! Of course you must rescue the hatchling...you said yourself the people in the shop have'nt a clue. What more evidence do you need !!!

i love this logic i have an argument better than the one i was using to get another snake
Kellog Posted - 14/05/2010 : 05:13:21
Zebedee is definitely a stunning snake! And is showing just how bright corns are ! My viv is like yours and instead of using cardboard I used a paper binder on the inside edge (have mentioned this in your welcome post). Means that it softens the edge of the glass when they rub their noses against it trying to escape and it slides easily when you need to open the doors.

I definitely agree with everything Sexybear has said....and would say that dividing the viv is your best option as it is really too big for a snake that size, whereas halved it would be perfect for Zebedee and Coraline to have their own homes. Then you have that starter kit ready for you to rescue that hatchling from 'the man in the shop' !

xxx
crazy JJ Posted - 14/05/2010 : 01:49:22
nice little escape artist you have there :D im thinking im quite lucky so far *touchs wood* none of my snakes have got out yet, except scooby he got his head out in his viv but then went back in... bless guess he didnt wana break for freedom :)
mozacchio Posted - 13/05/2010 : 18:32:47
Ohhh! So cute..!
Corns are really professional escapers!
Sta~ple Posted - 13/05/2010 : 16:09:51
Awww bless XD
n/a Posted - 13/05/2010 : 15:36:39
flutter your eyelashes that what you have them for. then again im kinda lucky my OH wants more snakes so if i said i saw one i'd get it :D

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000