The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 sid's first feed.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 07/05/2010 : 19:26:51
well we done it a day early but all went well.

sid knows something is going on.

sid takes pinky straight from tweezers.

doesn't even touch the sides lol

chillin out after his feed

also we have been told that he is a crimson but here's a belly shot if anyone could confirm this for us.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
deadmansfinger Posted - 10/05/2010 : 15:47:49
What a gorgeous snake! I love the first pic of him peeking out of the substrate, he looks very cheeky

Brian
Kellog Posted - 10/05/2010 : 12:45:25
Snape is gorgeous and so nice to see some pics of the big snakes on here (we tend to get overwhelmed with all these cute little ones ).

Nice to see such a laid back corn, and Sta~ple is right - he deserves his own thread !

xxx
n/a Posted - 08/05/2010 : 19:39:05
he's just over 5ft and yea he loves cbbc especially tracy beaker horrid henry lol
Sta~ple Posted - 08/05/2010 : 19:30:22
My gosh he's lovely although you should probably post in a new topic so he can have even more of the spotlight :) How long is he and doe he enjoy cbbc?
DannyBrown91 Posted - 08/05/2010 : 19:13:55
He's lovely.
n/a Posted - 08/05/2010 : 18:29:39
Been to my lads today and snape shed last night so here's some pics

7 yrs old now and is so calm when picked up.
n/a Posted - 08/05/2010 : 13:46:15
its ok danny..... im new to this so any advice is appreciated..... JJ im sorry but he is a keeper.
i love my little man to much to consider giving him up x
crazy JJ Posted - 08/05/2010 : 13:30:36
he is a gawjus snake (if u ever need a new home then im offering) nice pics 2... looks like he enjoyed his nommy food :D
DannyBrown91 Posted - 08/05/2010 : 12:45:07
quote:
Originally posted by emma81louise

thanks..... and yes i prob will feed him outside of viv next week but this week he was to skitish and flighty and we have had 3 close calls as to escaping already...... thanks for the compliments guys really appreciate it x

Im sure he will calm down soon once he gets used to all the smells and knows you are not a threat.

There are pros and cons to both and im sorry if my post may have sounded as if i was guiding towards one or the other, it wasn't intended that way.
n/a Posted - 08/05/2010 : 05:54:33
thanks..... and yes i prob will feed him outside of viv next week but this week he was to skitish and flighty and we have had 3 close calls as to escaping already...... thanks for the compliments guys really appreciate it x
Kellog Posted - 08/05/2010 : 04:47:08
Sid is gorgeous Lucy and it is great to see him feed so successfully....and it is always a relief to get that first feed over and done with and know that your new snake will eat (says an owner whose new snake didnt eat for 13 weeks cos it was horny ).

It is a great first pic of him and shows how capable of burrowing he is, I am sure he sometimes totally disappears and you have one of those 'Where's Sid?' moments, thinking he has escaped....only to notice a small tail tip or nose poking up out of the substrate !

He certainly didnt waste any time with that pinkie, looks like you have a good feeder on your hands. I realise your thread has been hijacked a bit, and sorry about that....but there are differing views on here and sometimes they come to light in places they shouldnt . At the end of the day just know that whatever is said is said out of concern for your snake....cos on here we are all corn lovers .

quote:
Originally posted by emma81louise

was thinking about taking him out to feed in different tub but didnt want to upset him after feeding when putting him back in, he did feed straight from the tweezers so pinky didnt touch substrate and we watched him the whole time.

IF you do decide you want to feed him outside of his viv then you can feed him in a different tub lined with kitchen roll. Once his 'dinner' is about half way down his body you can either lift him gently out of the tub, supporting him on either side of the bump, straight into his viv (there should be not detriment to him with this small amount of handling after he has fed)....or you can lift him out by using the kitchen roll as a sort of hamock/stretcher....or you can tilt the tub gently at the doorway of his viv and allow him to slide back in at his own speed (assuming this is possible).

I am afraid that I am terrible at morphs , but all I do know is that whatever morph Sid is....he is stunning !

xxx

Kehhlyr Posted - 08/05/2010 : 01:36:53
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Lovely beautiful snakie :3

Not to sound argumentative Kehhlyr but I think Danny had the interest of the snake in mind.

I am aware of what danny had in mind thank you.

/edit

can we not turn this thread into a conversation in regards feeding in or out of viv please.
It has already been thread-jacked fairly successfully and I'd like it to return back to Emmas lovely snake having a nom times again.

Thanks .
n/a Posted - 08/05/2010 : 01:34:33
the substrate has been dried out in oven for over 1 hr and he can burrow no problem, i do have a 7 yr corn snake that lives with my son which has always been fed in his viv with no problems.will post pics of him when i go visit my lad tomorrow.
Sta~ple Posted - 07/05/2010 : 23:55:30
Lovely beautiful snakie :3

Not to sound argumentative Kehhlyr but I think Danny had the interest of the snake in mind.
Kehhlyr Posted - 07/05/2010 : 23:23:42
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

.........I said it is best to either feed in a seperate tub OR to put some kitchen paper down...........

You did nothing of the sort, your post sounded like it was coming from a voice with loads of experience about feeding in a viv, when you have a pittance of experience.
However, if you would like to carry this conversation on further, then make a new thread in the general section or email me, my email address is in my profile.

Sorry to thread-jack for a couple posts Emma81Louise.
n/a Posted - 07/05/2010 : 23:22:02
very nice colours and congrats on first feed.
n/a Posted - 07/05/2010 : 23:15:55
Sid looks lovely :) Much like mine in fact who is a miami/crimson and looked pretty much the same when he was that little..

Congrats on your first feed! Good pics too...
DannyBrown91 Posted - 07/05/2010 : 22:51:26
quote:
Originally posted by Rich78

quote:
Aslong as it is baked or left to dry out before hand it is ok.

It might be ok but IMO Aspen is better for soaking up any excess moisture and allows the Corns to burrow under it which is what they do in the wild. I use to keep Collard lizards on that bark and it would get damp real quick.

Yes i have found that many people find Aspen better as their corns can burrow and it is more absorbant. I use aspen myself but its the only substrate i have used so far.

I was just saying that aslong as it is allowed to dry before put into the faun/viv it is ok to use and won't cause any problems, ie R.I or Scale rot.
n/a Posted - 07/05/2010 : 22:41:07
quote:

It might be ok but IMO Aspen is better for soaking up any excess moisture and allows the Corns to burrow under it which is what they do in the wild. I use to keep Collard lizards on that bark and it would get damp real quick.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 07/05/2010 : 22:33:31
quote:
Originally posted by Rich78

Nice Pictures of Sid He has a beautiful pattern and colour

Also I notice the substrate you have him on tends to hold moisture which is not to good for Corns regarding their respiratory system. Aspen would be better for Sid and more natural.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000