The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Marge

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
glynjones Posted - 19/04/2010 : 20:41:27
Hi all

just taken some pics of Marge feeding,only had her for 3 weeks and really pleased with how she is doing.
She feeds really well, the kids think she is great and my wife is coming around!

Glyn

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 21/04/2010 : 10:11:34
She is lovely :)
glynjones Posted - 21/04/2010 : 09:22:27
sorry for the typo, 6 grams should be 60g or about 2 ounces.

Glyn
Sta~ple Posted - 21/04/2010 : 08:11:19
If you put the mouse in the box to defrost with a lid it contains the smell more in the box ^^
Sizzlesmum Posted - 20/04/2010 : 23:08:37
Marge is stunning and I love the last pic
glynjones Posted - 20/04/2010 : 20:32:47
Hi all
I commendered a large tupperware box from the kitchen today and weighed Marge, she was a grand 6 grams!!(not sure what that is in ounces)
I will use the container to feed her next time, she feeds so well and i can't see her having a problem.
She is a cutie though, just spent a while handling her and she seems to like it and sometimes does not want to go back in her faun.

Thanks everyone

Glyn
kdlang Posted - 20/04/2010 : 13:38:31
She is gorgeous and looks like she really enjoyed her dinner
crazy JJ Posted - 20/04/2010 : 12:57:40
awww she is such a lil cutie :D
Kellog Posted - 20/04/2010 : 04:21:35
Marge sounds like a great feeder Glyn, and for her to strike and constrict must have been amazing to watch!

You have got some great pics of her feeding, the last one is definitely my favourite with just the mouse's feet and tail left hanging out!

So glad your OH is coming around....but not surprised - all you have to do is look at Marge and you have to love her !

I would echo the concerns regarding her swallowing some substrate with her 'dinner'. Even if you have rolled it in a paper towel to make sure nothing sticks to it you cannot guarantee that she wont ingest some while she works her way down the mouse. Laying the mouse on kitchen roll or even on a tile or plate is a good idea, although there is always a risk that she will pull the mouse off whatever you put it on. Once she is feeding well maybe you could try feeding her in a RUB....she is obviously a good feeder so hopefully moving her to feed somewhere else shouldnt make any difference - and it gives a chance for even better pics !

xxx

mozacchio Posted - 20/04/2010 : 00:58:41
Nice pics!
Lovely!
glynjones Posted - 19/04/2010 : 21:29:30
Thanks for the kitchen towel tip,she is eating a small mouse but i rolled it in paper towel before feeding the make sure she had no probs.
I've fed her three times Know with absolutly no probs, last time i held the pray in tongs as far from her hidy hole as pos to see what happens and she "stalked " it before srtiking and constricting it... great to see but harder to catch on camera!

Glyn
hillzi Posted - 19/04/2010 : 21:05:13
Is she eating a rat?

Nice snake, love amels, got one, and hes doing his parrot impression atm!

Sta~ple Posted - 19/04/2010 : 21:04:12
Or you could feed her outside the viv in a lunch box or something :)

She's lovely though.
HannahB Posted - 19/04/2010 : 20:48:13
shes lovely
you might want to put some kitchen towel down or something on top of the substrate to prevent her from ingesting any of it

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000