The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Butter Stripe..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HannahB Posted - 17/04/2010 : 20:08:41
since Danny asked for some pics of my butter stripe i thought i may as well post em so that everyone can see her
weighed her today and shes just reached 10g's..pretty impressive really looking back.. am going to up her feeds to twice weekly to try and encourage her to feed on her own soon,

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 20/04/2010 : 18:17:36
Shes a Princess!!

Will the stripe fade?

xXx
crazy JJ Posted - 20/04/2010 : 12:52:19
awwww she is sooooooo cute, i would love a butter stripe (but supose id best wait a bit)
your doin a great job with her Hannah :D
She has gawjus colours aswell :D
Kellog Posted - 20/04/2010 : 04:39:43
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

I just love this pic - it is as though she is hiding her eyes and saying 'If I cant see you then you cant see me!'

Thanks for the explanation about her colouring Danny, Danny and Hannah - I am so useless at morphs ! But is does just go to show how much they change from when they are babies to adults....

xxx

col654 Posted - 19/04/2010 : 19:01:48
Very nice snake you got there love the markings so so small lol
zandefloss Posted - 19/04/2010 : 18:45:26
Wow, her own tub! awesome! she's like the queen of all snakes, personalised service, she's not really a non-feeder she just believes she deserves to be hand fed.

my spaghetti has suddenly jumped from large fuzzies to 2 small mice. The 1 small mouse left not a bump nor a happy snake, she's gonna be a big 'un!

zan x
reptiledanny Posted - 19/04/2010 : 18:15:59
aahhh, i really want her, love her colours so much, like you sed shame she wont keep them colours
HannahB Posted - 19/04/2010 : 17:53:49
lol all the others are eating like heifers now so think they all stole her appetite!
the others are on small mice and zero is on fuzzies cause hes a bit smaller but iv got a big bag of pinkies in the freezer just for aura..lol she gets her own tub with AURAS GRUB written on it
zandefloss Posted - 19/04/2010 : 17:48:03
she's gorgeous being all wee, she's the same age as spaghetti now, mind you spaghetti's been eating like a heifer reciently, she's a pig snake! Perhaps she stole auras appetite!

zan x
punumbear Posted - 19/04/2010 : 14:57:35
hannah b thats a very pretty lil bootlace.. very nice..
HannahB Posted - 19/04/2010 : 12:57:05
believe it or not shes 7/8months old now.. shes a really fussy/bad feeder so shes still the size of a hatchling,
her colours are gorgeous and in some ways i wish they would stay the same shade they are now but i want her to be all gold when shes fully grown

two more pics of her because she looked so sweet curled up in my hand the other day..

zandefloss Posted - 19/04/2010 : 11:24:40
How old is she now? My amel stripe is het for butter, she looked just the same as your little 'un when I first got her but now she's turning very bright yellow as she gets older!

I'll be interested to see how auras colour changes as she puts on the chunk and at what point she differs from spaghetti :)

zan x
n/a Posted - 19/04/2010 : 11:18:29
You make me so jealous, these are on my wish list. There are some 09 butter stripes for sale near where i live. Im hopin to get one this year as they are one of the best ive seen and bred by the owner of the shop. They are 150 quid which is not too bad from what prices ive seen else where and he willing to haggle, bargain!lol. I will have one!!!lol
Mouse Posted - 19/04/2010 : 11:00:34
She is SO beautiful!!! :D
reptiledanny Posted - 18/04/2010 : 17:05:43
iv noticed lol
DannyBrown91 Posted - 18/04/2010 : 16:48:07
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

the body colour i mean.

You make it sound as if a butter stripe is 2 morphs, butter in the body and then something else for the stripes.

sorry, i couldn't think of the correct sentence

Lol, don't worry it happens to me a lot.
reptiledanny Posted - 18/04/2010 : 15:23:37
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

the body colour i mean.

You make it sound as if a butter stripe is 2 morphs, butter in the body and then something else for the stripes.

sorry, i couldn't think of the correct sentence
HannahB Posted - 18/04/2010 : 13:57:09
thanks guys
eventually kellog she will be a golden shade with the stripes a similar colour - shes my little baby of the group - although she needs to work on her hiding skills - she had her body out but her head under the loo roll and was clearly under the impression she was hiding from me
shes getting there slowly..am upping her feeds today as i think she could do with a bit more nutrition getting into her, half a pinkie a week isnt getting her anywhere,
the next goal with her is to get her to 12g's
DannyBrown91 Posted - 18/04/2010 : 13:05:43
quote:

the body colour i mean.

reptiledanny Posted - 18/04/2010 : 12:17:23
the body colour i mean.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 18/04/2010 : 12:16:27
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

I still find it hard to believe she is a butter stripe - her stripe looks so orange or is it just my computer? Or is the butter bit the colouring between the stripe? (*hangs her head in shame at her ignorance about the morph* )

yes, th ebutter is th ebody bit and then as they are young they have red stripes and then as they grow and change, they become more yellow, including the stripes.

I wouldn't say the butter is the middle bit, they just change as they grow and shed to become a yellow colour.

Bloodreds don't start out all red but its still all a bloodred.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000