The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Look what I just come home too o:

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Twi Posted - 03/04/2010 : 12:07:38
So I was feeding Normal and Mouse and Mouse refused his dinner, which is unusual for him, so I decided I'd leave him in the rub while I nip down to pick up a package from the post office, I came back to find him shedding. Second time I've got to see mouse shed

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kdlang Posted - 04/04/2010 : 14:09:09
Thanks for those pics Twi, they are fab. I love seeing the contrast between the before and after.
Sizzlesmum Posted - 04/04/2010 : 11:18:19
Great pics and gorgeous snake
I've seen Cleo shed twice but didn't have my camera handy.
n/a Posted - 04/04/2010 : 10:21:53
Nice Pics Twi looking good Mouse!
Not always easy to spot them shedding I have the same problem with Montana my Hypo Lav.
Twi Posted - 04/04/2010 : 08:41:55
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

If it's hard to tell with amels, what should I be keeping an eye out for?

I think kellog ment snows, Amels are pretty easy to spot, gingers eyes go blue and his skin gets a pale/bluish tint to it. where as with mouse its hard to tell all Mouse gets is cloudy eyes and even thats hard to spot sometimes.

I did know he was due a shed, just didn't realize it was so soon. He had gone blue and come out of it, guess I'm so used to ginger taking nearly a week after coming out of blue that it never even occured to me that he'd be ready to shed so soon. There was a hide in there, I'd put it in there incase he felt vulnrable while I was out I took it out long enough to get a couple of pictures then put it back in so he could finish. Though he didn't really go near it, kitchen roll seems to be enough for him
herriotfan Posted - 04/04/2010 : 05:06:24
If it's hard to tell with amels, what should I be keeping an eye out for?
Kellog Posted - 04/04/2010 : 04:28:51
That must have been great to see Mouse shed and for it to be a complete shed .

Did you realise he was due to shed? From what I gather it can be hard to tell with amels?

Cant have been too easy for him to start the shed....I know how much Kellog rubs his head against the side of the viv, hides, rocks, etc to loosen the skin and begin the shed, whereas Mouse had nothing in the box to do that on - guess the kitchen roll was enough. Its just amazing the way they 'walk' out of it and it turns inside out over them - you have got great pics showing that .

He is growing fast! Havent had the experience of that only having adults, so Kellog has not really grown since we got him. But Silvesta looks like he is going into his 2nd shed with us to I hope it is a clean shed and we can compare the length with his last one, see how much he has grown!

xxx

HannahB Posted - 03/04/2010 : 18:25:28
nice pics - mouse is lovely
Twi Posted - 03/04/2010 : 18:13:22
He didn't eat his dinner but I can't say I blame him, must be tiering wriggling his way out of that skin. He's grown to 1.8ft now seems to be growing so fast from that tiny little thing I picked up in December. This is second time I've got to see Mouse shed, third shed since I brought him home. Though to be fair the first time was only because he had a bad shed and needed a bit of help, gave him a bath and let him go through a towel to help last time. This time it was a nice tidy complete shed which is going to go on my pin board with Gingers 4.7ft shed and Normals 1.5ft shed :3
mozacchio Posted - 03/04/2010 : 16:52:26
Nice pics..!
Thanks for sharing!
Still haven't seen Spaghettino shed..
crazy JJ Posted - 03/04/2010 : 16:33:05
congrats... :D with such a cutie of a snake... i still want him yano... lol :D
n/a Posted - 03/04/2010 : 14:14:52
wow cool pics & such a cute snake
Sta~ple Posted - 03/04/2010 : 13:05:25
Dawww hehe cute. Did he eat after his shed?
herriotfan Posted - 03/04/2010 : 12:17:58
Wow...and you got it on camera!!! Thanks for sharing :)
Kehhlyr Posted - 03/04/2010 : 12:17:47
Well done and congrats to you.
I've still only caught my snakes shedding about 3 times in the past few years.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000