The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 more of Steve.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 31/03/2010 : 10:11:56
asleep right at the top of his faun!!

getting ready for feeding.

come on mom, i'm hungry!!

drinking from the droplets of water on the side of his bowl.

coming out to play.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
elament Posted - 24/08/2010 : 14:49:45
I just checked my records and colin first refused on the 6th febuary then went till the 18th of march when he took one then he went off again until the 22nd of april after which he started eating again reguarly unless he was in blue during which time he wont (and still wont) touch a mouse until he has shed. Before then he was a ganit and would eat any time regardless.
elament Posted - 24/08/2010 : 14:42:47
Its nothing to worry bout really. I mean Colin hardly lost any weight that I could see. I dont weigh him because to me if he looks alright thas all that matters and knowing me if his weight dropped by even a few grams i would panic more. The main thing is to keep offering every week until he decides to eat. You may find towards the end of the season he will eat suddenly then go off again for another few weeks. That first feed after the fast is usually the sign things are going to change soon. Try not to worry when it happens in my experience corns can go a hell of a long time without eating with very little bad side effects. You will be fine.
elament Posted - 24/08/2010 : 14:37:53
thinking bout it as i seem to recall steve hatched in october last year and colin was a september hatchie so you may get away with it this year but id be prepared if i were you for a lot of mice thrown in the bin.
n/a Posted - 24/08/2010 : 14:36:40
THANKS FOR THE VOTE OF CONFIDENCE!!! ANYONE WANT A SNAKE!! LOL only kidding wouldn't part with him for the world!! roll on January hey!!
elament Posted - 24/08/2010 : 14:25:46
Yep Colin was like that until he went all hormonal. Now he wont go near a mouse when in blue. It should be this coming year from january onwards Steve goes mental. It will start with him refusing food then he we go all out on trying to escape for a few months during which time he will refuse to eat. The upshot is you get a lot of snake viewing as they are active day and night. Good luck LOL
n/a Posted - 24/08/2010 : 14:22:46
oh great, at what age does that start? they way he eats i don't think anything can put him off!!! he even likes to eat whilst in blue, lol
elament Posted - 24/08/2010 : 14:13:38
Colin is shedding every month at the moment because he went through breeding this year and lost a lot of weight coz he didnt eat for four months but since then he had been packing the weight back on so he shedding more often. Looking at the pics your steve is about or a little bit bigger than colin was when i got him and he was a yearling so I dont think steve is far off what he should be if a little on the large side. Seriously I wouldnt worry he looking great and is a credit to the job you have done with him. You just have breeding season to look forward to. Try not to worry when he goes through it. If he is anything like Colin he will go off his food for months but dont worry they eat when they ready.
n/a Posted - 24/08/2010 : 14:04:34
his last shed measured 30in and when i fed him Saturday he weighed 117g, i must admit he is only shedding about every 8weeks now, so that has slowed down as he was shedding once a month at the beginning of the year.
elament Posted - 24/08/2010 : 13:58:46
Yeah I wouldnt worry the rates certain snakes grow at varies from snake to snake I just think you got one that is growing fast and theres nothing wrong with that. How big did you say steve is now? Colins last shed a few weeks ago was 43" but he is coming up for another one so I would guess his next shed length to be about 45. He will be two in september. I have also noticed they slow down after they get to a certain size. It may be steve is packing on the pounds now but may slow down a bit soon.
n/a Posted - 24/08/2010 : 13:54:59
lol i have a multi changing snake. i hope colin is bigger! he is older than Steve, otherwise i have a very fast growing snake. lol
getting me worried now, just wondering whether Steve really should be as big as he is and if snake sizes do vary by a lot!!
elament Posted - 24/08/2010 : 13:54:09
i Like your side by side pic seriously you would think that is the same snake (except my mouse is a bit whiter than yours :P)
elament Posted - 24/08/2010 : 13:50:34
i think colin is a wee bit bigger than steve but you are right the resemblance is uncanny
elament Posted - 24/08/2010 : 13:49:22
I did warn ya lol its bizzarre. You started off with a Xena and ended up with a Colin well done lol!!!
n/a Posted - 24/08/2010 : 13:47:11
Steve hope you don't mind but i just wanted to see them side by side. the resemblance is uncanny..

n/a Posted - 24/08/2010 : 13:41:43
OMG Steve!!!!! they are so alike!!! lol, love his coloring bless him
elament Posted - 24/08/2010 : 09:27:36
Tried to get one as close to your sig pic dawn but theres no persuading a constricting Colin so...

n/a Posted - 24/08/2010 : 08:49:49
quote:
Originally posted by elament

I dont think his counterpart Colin would fit in a loo roll tube now I gotta feed him tonight I will see if I can get a pic to compare them. This is well funny. You started out with one that looks like one of my snakes and now have one that looks like my other one...and its the same snake LOL

pmsl god knows what he will look like fully grown
elament Posted - 23/08/2010 : 18:12:55
I dont think his counterpart Colin would fit in a loo roll tube now I gotta feed him tonight I will see if I can get a pic to compare them. This is well funny. You started out with one that looks like one of my snakes and now have one that looks like my other one...and its the same snake LOL
n/a Posted - 23/08/2010 : 16:52:12
thanks Hannah, he still loves his loo roll tube so will be easy to get one, he can be handled today so will see later if i can get one of him in there, he fills it up quite a lot now.
HannahB Posted - 23/08/2010 : 15:44:00
wow lovely pics - hes grown so much!
be cool to get a pic of him in a loo roll or kitchen tube (like in the first set of pics) to compare the size difference

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000