The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 The grandchildren

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sta~ple Posted - 19/03/2010 : 18:03:44
They haven't been so crazy and lively today so when I changed their water I decided to take pictures! If anyone can tell me what morphs they are it would be nice. Mummy looks to be like a Anerythristic Type A but the babies looks too black and white. Daddy is a normal.

Snakie 1

Snakey 2, this one is lighter than the rest and has a pale belly but the camera didn't get it so well. When it first hatch it had like a lavender colour belly but it's paled down a bit now I think.

Snakey 4

5. This snake is very VERY naughty... always knocking over it's water...

6. Godzilla

19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 21/03/2010 : 15:00:21
I live in the east middlands in Lincolnshire (Lincoln to be exact), I've got to try and get the ones that won't eat at least 4 times before I think about getting rid of any of them.

My mum want's me to have a viv stack...it's just my dad, he doesn't like the 2 snakies I have already, he doesn't like any of the pets we have T.T My boyfriend has his heart set on Godzilla XD although if he does have it I will be left to feed it since he loves mice and rats.

I shall have to take more pictures of them as they get bigger ^^
Kellog Posted - 21/03/2010 : 04:41:37
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

........It certainly will be interesting to see how they develop and change colour as they grow. I hope that wherever they go you can stay in touch and get pics of them growing.

How is that you have only come to name Godzilla and none of the others?

xxx

Sadly, I will be selling the to a petshop so all I can do is hope they will be properly cared for. I'm really doing to have a good clean of my room though and beg my parents for a viv stack for my 21st so that I can keep 2 of the babies. My mum has her heart set on one so I will at least be able to keep one of the babies ^^

Hehe he's named that as he has eaten the most out of all of them and is massive compared to the rest. I haven't named the rest or it will mean I will get too attached when I get rid of them.

It's so weird to think that Venom was once that tiny, I wish someone took pictures of him and gave them to me when he was a hatchling.

I do hope you get your viv stack....it is not as though that is the most expensive present you could ask for as a 21st present ! It is great that your mum has fallen for one of them....hopefully it will make it easier to convince her about keeping one for you too! And having a great clean out and tidying your room is definitely a good start - parents love that sort of thing !

I can understand now why you named Godzilla and it sounds as though the name suits it. I can also understand why you havent named the others....that is one of the things that worries me about breeding (not the most important thing, but something that I have thought about)....that I would become attached to the hatchlings and be unable to part with them, although I know I would have to.

I feel exactly the same about Kellog and Silvesta as you do about Venom - especially Kellog. I have only had them as adults and cannot even begin to imagine what they were like as babies.

xxx
n/a Posted - 20/03/2010 : 16:30:01
Those snakes are gorgeous and I can't believe how different they are from each other and from their parents! I love number 4, makes me want to get another!

Where do you live, if you are thinking of selling them?
n/a Posted - 20/03/2010 : 13:28:33
Good luck with selling them hun, i'm sure there would be a few on here that may be interested, just wish hubby would let me have one as i would deffo have one of the anerys off you.
Sta~ple Posted - 20/03/2010 : 11:24:42
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Thank you so much for posting those pics Staples, it is lovely seeing them doing so well and seeing the differences between them even though they are siblings. It certainly will be interesting to see how they develop and change colour as they grow. I hope that wherever they go you can stay in touch and get pics of them growing.

xxx

Sadly, I will be selling the to a petshop so all I can do is hope they will be properly cared for. I'm really doing to have a good clean of my room though and beg my parents for a viv stack for my 21st so that I can keep 2 of the babies. My mum has her heart set on one so I will at least be able to keep one of the babies ^^

Hehe he's named that as he has eaten the most out of all of them and is massive compared to the rest. I haven't named the rest or it will mean I will get too attached when I get rid of them.

It's so weird to think that Venom was once that tiny, I wish someone took pictures of him and gave them to me when he was a hatchling.
dinner83 Posted - 20/03/2010 : 10:47:22
im no good at morphs but they are all lovely
HannahB Posted - 20/03/2010 : 10:02:31
aw they are all so cute
i love the stunning contrast in colours baby aneries have
DannyBrown91 Posted - 20/03/2010 : 09:43:37
quote:

I wonder why there arn't a lot of names for the normal coloured type snakes as most normals I have seen look quite different from one another. Could they change colour a bit as they get older? As none of the aneries baby have the yellow markings and sides like the mummy does.

There are different names, but "normals" are wild type corns and there can be alot of natural variation between them.

The main 3 wild type corns are

Carolina (like what you have)
Miami
Okeetee

There are also Keys corn (Rosy Rat) and Kisatchie this was once thought to be a sub species but has now been reclassed as a true corn snake.
n/a Posted - 20/03/2010 : 07:51:35
some great lookin little snakies you got there i love number 4 but they all little cuties
Kellog Posted - 20/03/2010 : 03:37:34
Thank you so much for posting those pics Staples, it is lovely seeing them doing so well and seeing the differences between them even though they are siblings. It certainly will be interesting to see how they develop and change colour as they grow. I hope that wherever they go you can stay in touch and get pics of them growing.

xxx
Sta~ple Posted - 19/03/2010 : 19:42:16
quote:
Originally posted by mom2mysononly

lol, even if you said yes i would have to convince hubby it is a good idea, although i just showed him the pics and he actually said he liked number 4!! i nearly passed out!!!

He looks like he's been playing with an orange highlighter XD

Oh okies. It's a bit disappointing that they will loose the bold contast in colour but there mum is very beautiful anyway so it doesn't matter ^^ hehe the will all grow up to look like they have been trying to pt on golden eye shadow XD I can't believe how fast they grow after each feed... it's scary.

Eee here's mummy and daddy! I really need to take newer and better pictures of them though.

Char

Venom

gmac Posted - 19/03/2010 : 19:26:32
quote:

As none of the aneries baby have the yellow markings and sides like the mummy does.

That appeas as they get older.
n/a Posted - 19/03/2010 : 19:14:26
lol, even if you said yes i would have to convince hubby it is a good idea, although i just showed him the pics and he actually said he liked number 4!! i nearly passed out!!!
Sta~ple Posted - 19/03/2010 : 19:00:23
Ah that's what I thought. I was just really unsure on 2 as he is paler compared to the rest and has or hardly any belly marks.
I wonder why there arn't a lot of names for the normal coloured type snakes as most normals I have seen look quite different from one another. Could they change colour a bit as they get older? As none of the aneries baby have the yellow markings and sides like the mummy does.

Hehe thanks ^^ they certainly weren't camera shy today. Just gotta hope the 3 meanies eat tomorrow.

Edit: You want Godzilla :o I would say yes but I have no clue as of yet if I can keep any and if anyone else wants one. My mum wants me to keep 5 because he's naughty XD
n/a Posted - 19/03/2010 : 19:00:04
ohhhhh, can i have number 6 please!! he is gorgeous, they all are!! i really need to talk my hubby round, i love the anerys.
n/a Posted - 19/03/2010 : 18:59:22
Dont have a clue on morphs- BUT they are BEAUTIFUL!!!
xXx
mozacchio Posted - 19/03/2010 : 18:49:23
Lovely looking hachlings!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 19/03/2010 : 18:13:18
1,2,3 and 6 look to be aneries.

4,5 - carolina

gmac Posted - 19/03/2010 : 18:10:56
They are all gorgeous looking,

All but 4 and 5 look like anery, 4 and 5 look like normals to me

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000