The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Picollo arrived yesterday

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 09/03/2010 : 14:09:23
I got my first corn snake yesterday, Picollo he is just adorable, and was out and about within hours of being in his temp viv. He is July 09, and is currently in a flat faunarium, but will be in a 3x2x2 next week

Here he is (not the best pictures);

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 11/03/2010 : 13:44:13
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

quote:

Gorgeous snake, but I would be wary about moving him into such a big viv so soon after buying.

i didnt mean move him into a bigger viv really quickly, was meaning near the start of autumn/end of summer, sort of august/september time when hes settled in, my mont is pushing 2foot now and i know that the large faun will be too small for him in the next 4/6months or so, if he continues to grow at the same rate

Sorry Han, the comment was meant for the OP as she talks about moving him next week.

no worries - i missed that part
n/a Posted - 11/03/2010 : 13:34:19
cutie!
Kellog Posted - 10/03/2010 : 03:15:38
Picollo is beautiful and I am so glad you have finally got him.

I think (please remember that I am no expert and these are just my personal opinions) I agree with both HannaB and SB's comments....in that he will need to be moved into a bigger home but moving him so quickly after getting him could be very unsettling. Rich is also right, in that he does look ok in his faun at the moment, so it may be worthwhile keeping him in there for a longer period to allow him to really settle in with you (and you with him), get him feeding regularly and happy with being handled....and then move him in a few months time.

I love the egg box hide! Although I would suggest it may be a good idea to move it to the far end of the faun rather than in the middle, this way he has a definite cool hide and warm hide to choose from.

xxx

n/a Posted - 09/03/2010 : 20:20:26
Great looking Snake. Looks fine in there to me.
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/03/2010 : 19:29:47
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

quote:

Gorgeous snake, but I would be wary about moving him into such a big viv so soon after buying.

i didnt mean move him into a bigger viv really quickly, was meaning near the start of autumn/end of summer, sort of august/september time when hes settled in, my mont is pushing 2foot now and i know that the large faun will be too small for him in the next 4/6months or so, if he continues to grow at the same rate

Sorry Han, the comment was meant for the OP as she talks about moving him next week.
tinamiles Posted - 09/03/2010 : 18:52:16
he's gorgeous! is he a reverse okeetee? i am SO trying the egg box idea!
HannahB Posted - 09/03/2010 : 18:51:43
quote:

Sta~ple Posted - 09/03/2010 : 18:24:35
He's so cute! Is that an egg box? You now make me want to try an egg box as a hidey place.
n/a Posted - 09/03/2010 : 17:57:34
He's bigger than i thought he would be from looking at your sig.
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/03/2010 : 17:49:47
HannahB Posted - 09/03/2010 : 17:47:14
cool, at some point in the next few months you might have to consider moving him up to a bigger home - hes about the same size as my mont and hes being moved into another bigger rub at the end of the summer
i assumed the name was like the instrument..
n/a Posted - 09/03/2010 : 17:37:02
I just randomly chose the name Picollo, he actually came from an Italian lady how random, he was previously called pino (short for giuseppino in italian!).

He is July 09, and is just over 2ft I think :)
HannahB Posted - 09/03/2010 : 16:57:27
lovely snake
how old/long is he?
mozacchio Posted - 09/03/2010 : 16:12:30
Love the bright colours!
Lovely snakie..!
Oh, btw, what does "Picollo" mean? If you mean "small" in italian, then it's written "Piccolo"! I'm half italian.
If not, sorry!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000