The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 my new corn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
morph2010 Posted - 13/02/2010 : 22:08:28
Hi all just bought my first corn, matey in shop said it was a blue corn????

18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 24/02/2010 : 22:31:07
quote:
Originally posted by morph2010

quote:
Originally posted by xvickyx

Nice snake

Thanks

Hey whats that little lizard u have on ur pic?

Is it a baby, it looks so cute, how big do they grow?

I belive its a Crested Gecko.
morph2010 Posted - 24/02/2010 : 20:45:25
quote:
Originally posted by xvickyx

Nice snake

Thanks

Hey whats that little lizard u have on ur pic?

Is it a baby, it looks so cute, how big do they grow?
hiper2009 Posted - 24/02/2010 : 19:45:44
Harlyy is lovely
morph2010 Posted - 24/02/2010 : 19:14:20
thanks chrissy
n/a Posted - 24/02/2010 : 10:40:01
Harlyy is lovely :)
n/a Posted - 23/02/2010 : 23:13:39
Nice snake
eeji Posted - 14/02/2010 : 20:59:10
quote:
Originally posted by izzy

Are you not supposed to feed outside of viv in a box, so they dont strike you when you go to get them out thinking you are food, or am i dreaming. Also how long does it take to eat a mouse??

thats mostly to stop the corn from ingesting substrate, so it all depends on the size of the snake and the substrate used.
small corn + loose substrate (eg aspen or beech chips)= feed outside
small corn + solid substrate (eg kitchen roll or newspaper) = feed inside
large corn = feed wherever you want, preferably outside if your loose substrate is large pices (eg beech chippings)

for snakes thinking you are food, this applies more to larger snakes that you really don't want to take a bite from :)
izzy Posted - 14/02/2010 : 18:46:35
Are you not supposed to feed outside of viv in a box, so they dont strike you when you go to get them out thinking you are food, or am i dreaming. Also how long does it take to eat a mouse??
SexyBear77 Posted - 14/02/2010 : 15:10:10
The heat mat just plugs into it, the probe goes in the tank on top of the substrate and the stat plugs into the wall. Glad you are getting one, they are essential.
morph2010 Posted - 14/02/2010 : 11:48:31
Thanks need to get a stat for asap! Does it just plug on heat mat or do i need to buy a mat with one already fitted?
HannahB Posted - 14/02/2010 : 11:43:52
hes lovely
glad you got a thermometer for his viv, does he have a stat?
morph2010 Posted - 14/02/2010 : 11:41:09
pet shops eh!

i've fed him yesterday he had no problem coming out his hide to grab it now he's back in again got temps up to 30 now have to invest in a therm as u peeps keep telling me and matey in pet shop said i dont need one!!!
Kellog Posted - 14/02/2010 : 03:37:22
Your corn is lovely Arran. I am not surprised that the pet shop misled you - often they dont know any different or, unfortunately, all they are thinking is about the money they can make.

He definitely looks like an anery as the others have said, and they may be fairly common but I think they are very under-rated! They can be stunning, with gorgeous colours and markings. It is very easy to get caught up in all the different morphs out there that you lose sight of what is right under your nose - a beautiful anery!!

I have read your other posts and would just mention again The one-week rule. I know you havent done it but it would probably be good to do it from now on. This means no handling or feeding for the first week to allow it to get over the stress of the move and for it to get used to the new smells and its new surroundings. This means just putting your hand in to change the water daily and straighten the substrate, so it can get used to your smell and not be threatened by you. You are rarely advised this in a lot of pet shops (as you have found) but it is an important way of getting your snake to de-stress and feel safe with you. It is a hard week, very frustrating, but worth it for the snake's sake.

Unfortunately (again, as you have found), many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I suggest you double check anything you have been told with us on here. Remember that no question is regarded as a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

Why dont you introduce yourself in the welcome section so we can all say 'hi' properly ?!! (means I will probably repeat everything I have already said...but better said twice than not at all!!)

xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 13/02/2010 : 22:36:01
Nah, pretty common but lovely nonetheless
morph2010 Posted - 13/02/2010 : 22:29:03
cheers i'm new to this so every little helps

i guess there not much of a rare breed then?
SexyBear77 Posted - 13/02/2010 : 22:23:36
yep, thats it.
morph2010 Posted - 13/02/2010 : 22:20:32
hi just googled it "anerythristic corn snake" would that be the one?
the pics def look like mine
SexyBear77 Posted - 13/02/2010 : 22:12:36
I would say its an anery.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000