The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 SnowDrop Feeding..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 13/02/2010 : 21:24:26
New member of the gang

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 14/02/2010 : 14:17:03
quote:

aw shes pretty
i think shes more of a coral avalanche than a normal avalanche - the orangey/peachy shades are lovely!
quote:

Thanks for the comments I think you might be right Hannah she could be a Coral Avalanche but I am not sure. Will see how Snowdrop turns out in time and then maybe I will be able to know for sure then.
quote:

Nutrobal is a good all round supplement, there is no harm in giving the snake a little extra vitamins here and there.
They dont need them as such, but then neither do we really, but we still take multivits every now and again.
There is also not a lot of calcium in pinkies, due to the bone structure not being very solid yet, so a bit of extra calcium is a bonus.
quote:

Thank you that is my thinking as well. Also I would of thought that when a Corn is growing at its fastest rate this would only help the Corns development.

Fal Posted - 14/02/2010 : 12:39:54
I use Nutrobol for the lizards, but only because they don't get the veriety of food they would in the wild, where as corns eat mice in the wild so I was under the impression they didn't need vits/calcium etc.. too.

great pics though!! :)
HannahB Posted - 14/02/2010 : 12:02:57
aw shes pretty
i think shes more of a coral avalanche than a normal avalanche - the orangey/peachy shades are lovely!
mikerichards Posted - 14/02/2010 : 10:55:51
Nutrobal is a good all round supplement, there is no harm in giving the snake a little extra vitamins here and there.
They dont need them as such, but then neither do we really, but we still take multivits every now and again.
There is also not a lot of calcium in pinkies, due to the bone structure not being very solid yet, so a bit of extra calcium is a bonus.
n/a Posted - 14/02/2010 : 09:21:20
quote:

I asked this quesation a while ago and was told there is no need to use supplements with Corns unless there is a specific problem. I use Calcium and Nutrobal for our Rankins Dragon as many of his feeder insects are not high in calcium and Dragons need extra help absorbing and then balancing the calcium with D3 and a good UV. Mice on the other hand are calcium rich, healthy Cornsnakes do not have any problems absorbing this calcium and so they don't need any additional supplements.
quote:

I agree with what you are saying but I see no problem in giving pinkies a light dust every so often. As they move on to bigger mice that are more developed with higher calcium levels then I will stop using it all together.
Sammysnake Posted - 14/02/2010 : 08:01:38
I asked this quesation a while ago and was told there is no need to use supplements with Corns unless there is a specific problem. I use Calcium and Nutrobal for our Rankins Dragon as many of his feeder insects are not high in calcium and Dragons need extra help absorbing and then balancing the calcium with D3 and a good UV. Mice on the other hand are calcium rich, healthy Cornsnakes do not have any problems absorbing this calcium and so they don't need any additional supplements.

Hope this helps.
Kellog Posted - 14/02/2010 : 03:24:32
Fantastic pics Rich, love seeing any snake eating as it is always such a relief! Snowdrop is obviously doing well.

Must admit that I have never heard of Nutrobal, didnt realise you needed to give your snakes anything extra??

xxx
n/a Posted - 14/02/2010 : 00:05:48
quote:

ok... why are you putting nutrobal on her food?
quote:

I like to give them a light dusting every so often to give them a little boost of calcium and other vitamins.
SexyBear77 Posted - 13/02/2010 : 22:59:02
ok... why are you putting nutrobal on her food?
DannyBrown91 Posted - 13/02/2010 : 22:54:43
quote:
Originally posted by Rich78

Thanks for the comments Sexybear
The white stuff you can see is Nutrobal. A multi vitamins for Snakes.

Ohright, i just wondered since i thought the majority of that type of thing was mixed into the water.

Lovely snake though.
n/a Posted - 13/02/2010 : 21:34:07
quote:

Thats what I was thinking?

Lovely snake and pics btw.
quote:

Thanks for the comments Sexybear
The white stuff you can see is Nutrobal. A multi vitamins for Snakes.
SexyBear77 Posted - 13/02/2010 : 21:31:10
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

What is the white powder on the pinky?

Thats what I was thinking?

Lovely snake and pics btw.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 13/02/2010 : 21:27:52
What is the white powder on the pinky?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000