The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Bella

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fal Posted - 09/02/2010 : 12:35:32
Well, as promised, here is the first photo of Bella (taken before she went into her new Faun and hid lol).

Sorry the quality isn't better, but we will take more after her weeks settling in period and I will be sure to post them!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fal Posted - 12/02/2010 : 20:24:33
Thanks Kellog :)

Yeah not too good pics, will get some good ones soon, but she's cool no matter what :D
SexyBear77 Posted - 12/02/2010 : 09:41:22
Bella is lovely- looks to me like a normal though the pictures are maybe a little dark.
Kellog Posted - 12/02/2010 : 03:52:13
quote:
Originally posted by Fal

Photo of Cass (my Fiance) handling Bella tonight before her first feed!

She really is a beautiful brown colour and I love the stripe that runs around her head. A stunning snake, whatever she is!

xxx
Fal Posted - 11/02/2010 : 22:18:47
Photo of Cass (my Fiance) handling Bella tonight before her first feed! Sorry its still not an amazing photo, she never stops moving and i'm using a camera phone lol

Fal Posted - 10/02/2010 : 19:50:01
Oh I never realised that. I thought the colours stayed the same throughout, it'll be interesting to see how she turns out - constant excitement with these Corns aint it :D Cheers Hannah!!
HannahB Posted - 10/02/2010 : 19:36:15
hope she feeds well for you
the greyish bits between the saddles will slowly change over her next few sheds to be a nice orangy shade - my monts nearly lost all his grey now and is looking very cool with his deep orange
Fal Posted - 10/02/2010 : 19:32:19
Well we have been really naughty and got her out tonight - a day early! Shame on me :( However, she was really calm, didn't try to shoot off like she had in the shop when we got her, her tongue was out and flicking all the time and after five mins we put her back, well, held her over her faun and she slowly dropped herself down and took her time slithering back in, which is great as far as we are concerned as we thought she would rush back in.
She's sooooooooo ace!!!! I'm pretty sure she aint a ghost though, her saddles (is that right?) are a rich brown colour over the greay ground colour, with a slight yellowing tinge near the head!
I took a couple more phone pics but again they aren't great, i'll try get them on though asap!
It's feeding time tomorrow after her (almost) week settling in, so will try get pics then - can't wait for that!!
Kellog Posted - 10/02/2010 : 04:36:52
quote:
Originally posted by Fal

I'm not 100% tbh, I assumed she was as I thought Ghosts etc were a lot more expensive....... we chose her for her if you get me lol

She is a beautiful snake, no matter what she is ...and what you said about getting her for her is so good to hear!! So many people get caught up with getting certain morphs that they become blind to what is in front of their eyes! I am so glad you didnt!

xxx
Fal Posted - 09/02/2010 : 21:09:44
Thank you and too true! :) Just wish she was more active, partly for the selfish reason of wanting to see her lol, but mainly because I worry like mad that she's not active because something is up, where as it's probably because Cass (my Fiance) has done such a great job of the faun setup that she is happy in her hides and foliage lol

I was the same with my Leo and beardie lol
kdlang Posted - 09/02/2010 : 20:01:54
She is lovely whatever morph she is. And well loved by the sounds of it
Fal Posted - 09/02/2010 : 17:07:12
Well she was certainly sort after, out of all the corns they had, they weren't sure whether she was still for sale, then decided she was, then was told by the boss she had been ordered. He then got on the the person who ordered her by phone since they hadn't been in on the day they said they would, and decided to go with me because the other person was messing them about or something like that so woohoo for us! :D
It made me feel special to get a corn that was wanted so much lol

It's so hard waiting for her to settle in too! I haven't seen her (apart from being able to see a little bit of her) for three days as she doesn't seem to have come out from her cool hide - although I have seen her moving within it. I bet she is out exploring at night whilst we're not in the room. I camped out in the lounge all day today (my day off) trying to catch a glimpse of her sneaking out and nothing :( oh well.. patience is a vertue they say lol
DannyBrown91 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 16:37:31
She may be a Hypo, carolinas are normly between £20 and £35 and hypo's in the shop where i got my ghost from were £45 and ghosts £70, but i got my casper for £55, she was my little discount snakey.
HannahB Posted - 09/02/2010 : 16:30:36
hypos are very similar to classics/carolinas so she may well be a hypo - just cant tell from that pic
Fal Posted - 09/02/2010 : 16:13:51
Hmm.. been looking at ghosts on google and Bella's colours seem more rich (redish on the saddle).. I guess a better photo will help in good light when her week settling in is up. I don't know why I just assumed she was a Carolina Corn, I think she's ace no matter what, but will be nice to know for sure, and if she is a ghost then thats cool :)
Thanks Hannah!
HannahB Posted - 09/02/2010 : 15:50:49
quote:
Originally posted by Fal

Date of Hatch: 10/06/09
50% Aner 50% Lav
Hypo Het Caramel Blood

im guessing:
her parents: one Anery and one Lavender

and going by what that says im thinking they missed off the Anery in the name.. a hypo anery is a ghost which would make sense because from that pic she does look like a ghost The 'het' part means that she (possibly) carries the gene for Caramel and Bloodred
Fal Posted - 09/02/2010 : 14:59:58
I'm not 100% tbh, I assumed she was as I thought Ghosts etc were a lot more expensive, mind you, she was £70.
Here is what it said on her tub anyway (doesn't all make sense to me, we chose her for her if you get me lol):

Date of Hatch: 10/06/09
50% Aner 50% Lav
Hypo Het Caramel Blood

So what's that? lol Soooo many morphs and abreviated names for them - go on folks, tell me what she is in lamens terms hehe..

Cheers,
Jonathan
DannyBrown91 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 14:35:34
Are you sure shes a carolina, looks like a ghost.
Fal Posted - 09/02/2010 : 13:58:21
Thanks folks, can't wait to get better pics. Here's one of the Cali King Snake my bro bought the same time as we got Bella:

n/a Posted - 09/02/2010 : 13:52:16
lovely looking snakie.
HannahB Posted - 09/02/2010 : 12:38:03
aw she looks really sweet

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000