The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 As promised, pics of our new Silver Queen =]

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 05/02/2010 : 09:02:24
We managed to get a few pics of him lastnight before we settled him in properly Danny has decided to call him Freddie (After 'Queen' frontman Freddie Mercury..... see what he did there?! lol)

He has settled in fine, and chose his favourite hiding place under the big log

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jbarnes92 Posted - 15/02/2010 : 19:06:38
freddie looks like a nice snake and NICE LOG!
what size is freddie just out of interest?
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 09/02/2010 : 11:00:55
wow thanks very much Coby i'm sure he'll be very happy you think he's super pretty!!!!
n/a Posted - 09/02/2010 : 10:54:22
my 4 year old coby just said "shes very super pretty" can't get much better than that :)
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 09/02/2010 : 08:45:50
Thanks Kellog Yeah i should really pay attention to what i write! But he is seperate from the others and is thriving and quickly becoming a family favourite as he wraps himself around our hands to get his head stroked! Im really looking forward to seeing him shed for the 1st time in our care, he's in great shape so it all should run smoothely
x
Kellog Posted - 09/02/2010 : 05:07:28
quote:
Originally posted by Jo-And-Danny

I must admit in all the excitement of having him exploring outside of a small pet shop viv i didnt really pay attention to what i had written

I can totally understand your excitement Jo (and I love Danny's choice of name, by the way), I just hope you understand why you got the reaction you did...it is purely because the forum cares about the snakes and wants what is best for them - and as you have them separated then you are obviously doing what is best for them!

Whether he is a silver queen or a pale ghost he is certainly beautiful. I look forward to seeing some more pics of him once he has had the chance to settle in.

xxx
gingerpony Posted - 08/02/2010 : 21:38:38
looks about the same as my ghost TBH...........but i do have a cr@ppy old monitor..............
DannyBrown91 Posted - 08/02/2010 : 21:08:56
quote:

I must admit in all the excitement of having him exploring outside of a small pet shop viv i didnt really pay attention to what i had written

Thats understandable .
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 08/02/2010 : 17:43:20
SexyBear77 Posted - 08/02/2010 : 17:40:22
If you have the viv divided then great, but when the earlier post was written it really didn't sound like that was the case....
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 08/02/2010 : 17:33:07
Sorry i've neglected this post but seems i needed to clear up a few things!

By sharing the viv, i meant we have divided it and put extra hides/water etc until the glass arrives for the seperate viv. The are not a threat to each other as we handled all 3 snakes at once and they showed no interest in one another.

As for his colour, we maybe wrong and he maybe just a pale ghost corn, but not all siver queens lack the yellow, and he is slightly dull as he is in blue.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 05/02/2010 : 19:45:31
Totally agree with hannah and SB on this one, it may sound harsh but you really need to sort somewhere else out for him. Ideally you should have had his viv ready and waiting for him to arrive.

Housing 2 young snakes together can be dangerous, but a juvenile and 2 hatchies has disaster writen all over it.

Eeji, i didnt think it looked like a silver queen from what i have seen and read on Iansvivarium. Seemed too dark, and i thought silver queens tended to lack the yellow around their heads.
eeji Posted - 05/02/2010 : 18:28:34
he doesn't look like a SQG either, these are bred specifically from Serpenco lines and are extremely pale
SexyBear77 Posted - 05/02/2010 : 18:00:20
Never mind the danger of him eating them, it's bloomin ridiculous and irresponsible having them in together. I know I'm being rude, but hey, so much good advice has been ignored already, and now this.
HannahB Posted - 05/02/2010 : 17:57:40
quote:
He's currently sharing with our other 2 in a 4ft X 2ft viv until sunday when we'll have the wood to build his own 3ft X 2ft. With him being bigger we want him seperate although he is fine with the other snakes theyre all very laid back

i dont want this to come across as being harsh or anything but have you got anywhere else you could house him instead of with the other 2 while his viv is being built?
as hes only just come to your house theres a chance he may have some germs and bugs that could transfer to your other snakes..im not saying he does but theres a chance he might..
also if things do change in terms of them all 'getting along' have you got anywhere he could temporarily live?

sorry for the repeat SB - am slow at typing today.. but i agree with everything you said
SexyBear77 Posted - 05/02/2010 : 17:52:51
quote:

He's currently sharing with our other 2 in a 4ft X 2ft viv until sunday when we'll have the wood to build his own 3ft X 2ft. With him being bigger we want him seperate although he is fine with the other snakes theyre all very laid back

PLEASE tell me you aren't serious?

You have a 2 foot juvie in with 2 small babies? Disaster waiting to happen. Without meaning to sound rude, you really shouldn't have got him until the new viv is sorted.
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 05/02/2010 : 17:35:47
Yeah the camera isnt the best and he does look a little like a ghost because of the yellow on his sides near his head, i know most silver queens lack this.

SexyBear77 Posted - 05/02/2010 : 16:36:53
Very nice, though you def need to get some better pictures, he looks like a ghost

What size viv is he in then?
DannyBrown91 Posted - 05/02/2010 : 16:24:24
Gorgeous snake, as hannah said i thought he may have been a little lighter, but that could also be to do with the camera.

Still a little stunner though.
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 05/02/2010 : 15:43:34
Yeah the pictures dont show him off too well But he is a lil stunner hehehehe
HannahB Posted - 05/02/2010 : 15:41:14
oh right, hes nice - will admit hes not as pale as i thought he would be - but i would still willingly house him for you

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000