The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 New Digital Thermometers Came Today

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rik Posted - 02/02/2010 : 17:04:52
Just a couple of pics of my new thermometers. Flush fitted into the face of the viv. Cables run out of the viv and back in at the bottom unter the chippings. Just want to show off to someone cos the OH doesnt care.

17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Paul Hume Posted - 04/02/2010 : 21:25:35
I got exactly those ones, mine arn't stuck into anything though as mine are in fauns at the moment.

As for the faun question I drilled a small hole in the bottom corner of my fauns and poked it through so it comes up under the substrate and rests on top to give the reading, and then blue tac them to the side of the faun.
kdlang Posted - 04/02/2010 : 17:54:30
that looks really good. very professional.
SexyBear77 Posted - 04/02/2010 : 16:49:25
Looks really smart, mine are just stuck on the sides lol.
lmfastcars Posted - 04/02/2010 : 15:39:15
quote:
Originally posted by Rik

£1.74 each on the bay with free shipping. Winner! Took 2 1/2 weeks to get here mind.

Lol thats much better than mine, i paid 3.00 all in all and it took about a month and a half ish he got a bad review :)
Gaz_1989 Posted - 04/02/2010 : 08:54:01
Sounds great rik, might have to do something similar myself. The thermometers and stats are going to drive me mad just sitting on top.

What size is that viv then? You said in another thread that Stella would be okay in the big viv ive got her (36 x 18) so just trying to compare.

Thanks

Gaz
n/a Posted - 03/02/2010 : 18:14:19
Looking Good!!

*Starts packing bags...*

:)

xXx
n/a Posted - 03/02/2010 : 17:57:12
Thanks for that Rik, hubby on about getting a viv for Steve a bit later on in the year so may just wait now and do it all properly.
Just ordered another one so i can put them in the viv instead of the stupid stick on ones.
Will make sure we put lots of hides and plants in for him, although he is not fazed by large open spaces at all, as he loves nothing better than roaming all over son's double bed..lol
Rik Posted - 03/02/2010 : 15:37:36
mom2mysononly - If you got the same ones they will just push into a correctly sized hole if the plastic is a couple of mm thick. Make a cardboard template to get the size right first. Then use the cutout as a stencil to mark the plastic. Sharp knife to cut it out. Id then run the cable either through a hole at the top and back in at the bottom or, run it down the inside corner but seal it in there with sealant so snakie cant pull or get tangled up in it.

Gaz_1989 - The plastic I cut from the lid of an old storage box. It just covers the chipped laminate as it would have driven me mad. Everything was cut to be a tightish fit but I also used some PVA glue and waited for it to dry before returning Khan. Size wise he is about 17" long but really growing now.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 13:18:41
Nice one mate.

What did you make the surrounds out of and how did you fix them in?

How big is Khan now?

Gaz
n/a Posted - 03/02/2010 : 08:20:04
ive bought one of those too they are really good, mine only took a week to come though..lol
Just one question, i have the plastic faun for Steve, so how would i put one of these in his faun?
At the moment i just put it in and test it every few days as i have the stick on thermometers at either end of his faun.
Kellog Posted - 03/02/2010 : 04:42:17
quote:
Originally posted by Rik

So glad i have them because my old thermometer in the hot end said 26-29C but that was air temp. The chippings were actually 34C so i have turned down my stat. No wonder Khan liked his tree's the floor was too hot.

Shows how important it is to have thermometers at the right level, on the substrate where the corns get their heat.

Looks great Rik...good job well done!

xxx
Rik Posted - 03/02/2010 : 00:17:58
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250499549331&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Mine may look a little bigger as i made plastic surrounds for them. When i cut the laminate it chipped a little as my blade was too big.

So glad i have them because my old thermometer in the hot end said 26-29C but that was air temp. The chippings were actually 34C so i have turned down my stat. No wonder Khan liked his tree's the floor was too hot.
n/a Posted - 02/02/2010 : 22:06:14
got a link to the seller? they are tidy :)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 02/02/2010 : 19:03:00
Oooh very nice.
HannahB Posted - 02/02/2010 : 17:14:17
oooh they look cool
mine just have boring aquarium ones lol
Rik Posted - 02/02/2010 : 17:13:49
£1.74 each on the bay with free shipping. Winner! Took 2 1/2 weeks to get here mind.
lmfastcars Posted - 02/02/2010 : 17:11:47
very fancy :) might have to invest in them later :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000