The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Zeus's New Home!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tidus Posted - 25/01/2010 : 01:55:18
This is my new corn snake's home, He is loving it. On the bottom left hand corner he is on his log either sleeping or enjoying the heat lol

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 25/01/2010 : 06:50:36
quote:
Originally posted by tidus

That's what I was planning on doing with a background. The snake is just dying for attention all the time, he's really happy with what he has. I just got him and he wants to be held constantly. But I'm planning on getting a background for him and maybe adding a bit more bushes for him to hide under.

So glad to see the lowered water level, although I do still think a change of bowl would be a good idea. Am also glad you are covering the back as at the moment he must feel very exposed, especially in such a big viv. You may even think about covering both sides as well. He needs to feel safe and secure.

Have a look at this topic to get some idea of what other people's viv set-ups are like: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6324

Remember what I said in your other thread....he is not 'dying for attention', he is just exploring his surroundings and trying to escape...because that is what corns do.

It is so good having a forum member who is wanting to learn and is acting on what we are teaching. Thank you!

xxx
tidus Posted - 25/01/2010 : 03:30:59
Yep! learning something new everyday haha :)
n/a Posted - 25/01/2010 : 03:26:09
Looking good!
I'm liking that big log :)

Also water level is much better than before
tidus Posted - 25/01/2010 : 02:56:35
That's what I was planning on doing with a background. The snake is just dying for attention all the time, he's really happy with what he has. I just got him and he wants to be held constantly. But I'm planning on getting a background for him and maybe adding a bit more bushes for him to hide under.
Kehhlyr Posted - 25/01/2010 : 02:27:40
That is a huge viv for such a small snake.
Although it has a fair bit of foliage/climbers/hidey holes, I would still recommend covering the back and both sides with paper or something similar so it will feel more enclosed to the snake.
Corns seem to react better with smaller enclosures.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000