The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Dimika: Hiding + foood

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lilpunk Posted - 23/01/2010 : 18:31:51
Yes, yet more pictures from Dimika. At least you can never say I'm not thorough! Enjoy.

Oh my god, what's that coming through the trees? Is it a monster, is it a monsteeeerr?

Attack, then coil. (This was her under-feed from the other night, bad pink light.)

Enjoyed I hope, can't wait to see your snakeys!
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lilpunk Posted - 25/01/2010 : 18:10:27
Thank you kellog, and don't worry I won't rush at all. The shop where I got her from don't under-feed at all, but they take the 'growing/feeding' process a lot slower than most, and I didn't want to shock her so I've carried on with their feeding routine. Once she's used to my way of doing things, I'll be able to move her up when the time is right for her
Kellog Posted - 25/01/2010 : 06:46:03
Dimi is looking as lovely as ever Lil...love the 1st pic of her snaking through the undergrowth, makes me wonder what she is about to jump out on !

You are on a good plan with upping Dimi's food, cos you know not to do it too quickly but to allow her to adjust to the larger size of meal in weight (as in the 2 pinkies) and then in size (as in the fuzzies). Take it slow and dont rush. She will need time to get used to a different shaped/sized meal so her jaw can adjust before moving her up a size again.

I have no worries that you know what you are doing and what is best for Dimi.

xxx
Lilpunk Posted - 25/01/2010 : 06:32:46
Well in that case i'll try to move her up a little quicker then, but i don't want to shock her.
mikerichards Posted - 24/01/2010 : 23:03:36
Shes a good size mate, you might find she will take a small fluff with no problems. mine are about the same size and having a small to medium fluff each with no problems
n/a Posted - 24/01/2010 : 19:34:47
Hi, Dimika is really lovely (and a lot like my Medusa lol!) it looks like she really enjoys her plants.
Lilpunk Posted - 24/01/2010 : 08:15:16
Thanks for the comments And yes I know, that was her under-feed; she's going back onto being fed two pinkies a week for a couple of weeks and then moving up to fuzzies. I'll try and get a picture up today

*EDIT: She is 21" long and weighs 24g.
LittleMick Posted - 23/01/2010 : 23:59:30
I love seeing fellow Carolinas
mikerichards Posted - 23/01/2010 : 22:33:36
hi mate, thats a lovely snake, i was reading your other post about food etc. Exactly how big is she?? Can you put a pic of her compared to something like a biro or similar?
To me she looks like she is big enough to be taking much larger food than that pinkie!
I moved my babies up to fluffs as soon as they could manage one, and they are growing very well for it!

Mike
HannahB Posted - 23/01/2010 : 22:17:40
i love that first pic!
dimi is lovely

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000