The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 New rescue snake- Crockett. Pic heavy.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SexyBear77 Posted - 23/01/2010 : 17:33:22
Today I went to a very well known but not very well thought of rep and aquatics shop with my rents because they needed some stuff for the reef fish tank. Me and mum went downstairs to look at the reptiles, and of course I shot off to the corn viv, where I saw the most pitiful looking tail protruding from a pile of much bigger corns. The big corns moved and revealed what I think is a Miami. It was so thin, and so listless that mum and dad bought it for me then and there.

All the assistant could tell us is that it is male, about a year and a half old and eats (???) small mice. He had retained shed on his tail, and I think he will lose the tip, but first we had to weigh and measure him. He is approximately 3 and a half feet long, and weighs.... 124g. The retained shed was removed with a soak in some water with reptoboost added, which has also been added to his water.

I cant decide whether he is full corn or not, as he has a teeny tiny head with mahoosive bug eyes- but could this be because he is malnourished? Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery, he seems to be a very sweet snake though he may become more lively when he is feeling better. You can see from the pictures that his spine is sticking up from his back, his skin sags on either side of his body and his neck is about as thick as a pencil.

Needless to say, I was absolutely fuming, but the owner is the sort of guy that wouldn't have let me have it had I of kicked off about it. He will be reported to the SSPCA in a few days, when he forgets I was there. There is a boa in there in a similar state, but its a shop pet and so cannot be bought. It needs help either way though, I'm just glad this chap is now with me...

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jessejamez666 Posted - 06/06/2010 : 11:10:53
Very well done to you and your parents.
It's great to meet and see people who care.
n/a Posted - 06/06/2010 : 10:46:13
poor snakey, have you got an update on little croc please?

dee x x x
crazy JJ Posted - 08/04/2010 : 13:03:03
gawjus snakie... glad u rescued him from the awful conditions n that poor boa 2 :(

anyway hope he's doin reli well now... sounds like he was then (wen u saved him of course).... so would love a lil update pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssseeee :D
Mouse Posted - 08/04/2010 : 12:26:15
Gorgeous snake! Glad he's in a good loving home.

Hope he goes from strength to strength.
x
zandefloss Posted - 07/04/2010 : 14:10:06
any update on croc?

zan x
kizzig Posted - 02/02/2010 : 19:59:08
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

Cheers Kellog, have spoken to GP and formulated a step up for the next feed. He will get a mouse fuzzy and a rat pup for 3-4 meals, and then will be getting 2 rat pups for a while.

Mouse fuzzies are smaller than rat pups so it works out as a smaller meal than 2 pups, so we won't be overloading his tiny tummy!!

Looked into the viv this morning and saw him in the substrate, has formed a little round hollow and was sat inside it quite the thing!! Very cute but alas no camera

Glad little Croc has eaten again and it sounds like you've come up with a great feeding plan with GP. Hope he sheds soon (and well!) for you!

It's a well known fact that any pet will do the most adorable thing when there's no camera handy!
n/a Posted - 02/02/2010 : 14:39:43
sounds like he is in the best place possible!
little croc is stunning, am glad he has eaten and pooped for you
fingers crossed everything goes to plan with the shedding
Kellog Posted - 02/02/2010 : 12:03:38
Sounds like you and GP have got it all planned out, which is fantastic.

I know he isnt using hides, but sounds like he is making himself at home, which is good news.

xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 02/02/2010 : 11:45:30
Cheers Kellog, have spoken to GP and formulated a step up for the next feed. He will get a mouse fuzzy and a rat pup for 3-4 meals, and then will be getting 2 rat pups for a while.

Mouse fuzzies are smaller than rat pups so it works out as a smaller meal than 2 pups, so we won't be overloading his tiny tummy!!

Looked into the viv this morning and saw him in the substrate, has formed a little round hollow and was sat inside it quite the thing!! Very cute but alas no camera
Kellog Posted - 01/02/2010 : 23:26:27
It is great news that the 2nd feed has gone well. All good so far, just have to sort out the shed now....am sure you will with the good advice on here!

xxx
HannahB Posted - 01/02/2010 : 22:31:41
quote:

Went into Croc's viv this morning and was pleased to see poo!! (Sad!) Obviously everything is working ok

im like that - after getting mouse tail into aura i was on poop patrol.. lol needless to say it was such a small amount i nearly missed it but i did a little celebration dance nonetheless

really glad hes feeding and pooping ok - fingers crossed he sheds ok for you aswell
DannyBrown91 Posted - 01/02/2010 : 22:09:43
quote:

Thanks, we had another very good feed today, so all is going well for him so far.

Thats good to hear...

Hope he makes a full recovery he is going to be a stunning snake.
SexyBear77 Posted - 01/02/2010 : 19:16:28
Thanks, we had another very good feed today, so all is going well for him so far.
n/a Posted - 01/02/2010 : 18:58:05
Aw hes so thin, lovely looking though =] Beautiful brown eyes! Hope he makes a full recovery
lozy89 Posted - 31/01/2010 : 20:08:55
poor thing! :(

He's gna look great when he's back in shape hes so pretty
SexyBear77 Posted - 30/01/2010 : 14:29:04
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

2 out of 3, all we need now is a full shed :D

Yep!! Still waiting and eyes still look cloudy. I am wondering whether in the past he has had retained eyecaps which have affected his vision in some way? Its been a week and there has been no real change in his appearance- what do you think?
eeji Posted - 30/01/2010 : 14:24:23
2 out of 3, all we need now is a full shed :D
n/a Posted - 30/01/2010 : 10:18:48
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

quote:
Originally posted by Skorps

("Feed Little And Often")

but you're thinking horses Skorps lol imagine splitting a snake's 'daily food' into 3 or 4 smaller meals............

LOL!

Yeah- That would be a Full On day :)

(I was thinking slightly smaller meals as opposed to stuffing a HUGE mouse down his throat!! )

SB_ Very VERY sad about the Boa
SexyBear77 Posted - 30/01/2010 : 09:44:09
No news at all, very unlikely they have done anything.

However, Dad was talking at work to someone who used to work there. She said the boa I saw on display in the middle of the shop is a known non-feeder. The owner of the shop tried to force feed it and broke its teeth. So now he's just leaving it. Disgusting.

Poo looked normal, smelt normal and felt normal- big sigh of relief!!
Kellog Posted - 30/01/2010 : 04:49:16
quote:

Went into Croc's viv this morning and was pleased to see poo!! (Sad!) Obviously everything is working ok, step 2 ticked off!!

Not sad!!! Fantastic news...good to know everything is working as it should be. Did it all look 'normal'?

Was so pleased to hear he ate, and sad that he was so obviously starving.

It is the blessing of this forum to have the advice and support it gives....especially from people like GP and Eeji, who go above and beyond to help.

You are doing so well SB and so is Croc, he is lucky to have you !

Any news from the SSPCA?

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000