The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Flash photography

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MacSpud Posted - 22/01/2010 : 17:18:39
Is it ok to use a camera flash when taking photos of snakes?

I've been avoiding it so far but the room is a little dim and I'm getting a lot of grain from trying to compensate with higher ISOs to avoid using the flash.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a33272 Posted - 23/01/2010 : 11:26:30
the way i see it is if they didnt like it they would jump or twitch atleast most of my pics are taken using flash and neither of my 2 have ever been bothered my it at all
n/a Posted - 23/01/2010 : 11:17:11
No need to use a flash all the time. Up your ISO to around 400 or higher (more noise or grainier pics though) and you can reduce your shutter speed and at the same time (allows more light but you have the disadvantage of camera shake) use a larger aperture to ensure more of the image is in focus Around F11- F16 or F8-F5.6 for a much smaller depth of field. If you play with the settings you don't awlays need to use the flash, try and take your pics in natural light as the effects are so much nicer.

Hope that helps

Brads
hillzi Posted - 22/01/2010 : 18:57:52
Try using a rizla paper, stops some of the flash
SexyBear77 Posted - 22/01/2010 : 17:59:37
Try holding your eyes open while someone takes of picture of you with a bright flash. Its fairly uncomfortable. This is what I think it must be like for snakes, seeing as they cannot blink.
MacSpud Posted - 22/01/2010 : 17:48:11
It's a legacy term carried over from traditional photography, a larger number means a more sensitive film or in modern digital cameras how sensitive the sensor is.
Putting it onto a higher number means you'll be able to take photos in low light conditions without using a flash but the downside is that you'll introduce a lot more noise into the photo. The noise can usually be seen as a graininess when you zoom into the photo. You can also use higher ISOs in normal lighting conditions to use faster shutter speeds to capture fast moving objects.
matty18714 Posted - 22/01/2010 : 17:21:04
I always have done and it doesnt seem to cause any problems.

What is ISO? I have the option to change it on my camera but I dont know what it is.

Edit - spelling

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000