The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Pics!! (They're pants tho)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 18/01/2010 : 13:48:45
Righto!

Pics of the new snake The Stig. He is a Normal, of that I'm pretty sure but he has the oddest thing going on with his colouring (or maybe it's not odd, who knows?). His top third is Normal-y coloured but his lower two thirds have a very dark grey/silvery sheen all over it. It's not like when they have a shed and go dull and matt. This is like veneer. He feels completely normal, not overly rough or smooth and I've thoroughly checked him for mites and he's on kitchen roll to be doubly sure. Who knows....maybe he's just old and going grey!!

I'm puzzled indeed but not too worried. He's off to the vet today (found a different Rep vet that coud get us in sooner, came recommended) for the RI, although I have to say I haven't heard anything since Saturday morning. Still..fingers crossed and here he is....xx

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 23/01/2010 : 11:07:02
Just had an interesting suggestion from someone; The Stig shares the same 'colour wash' effect as their WC Corn does. Could be what it is I suppose, the possibility of him originating anywhere other than someones spare bedroom hadn't actually occured to me! xx
Kellog Posted - 23/01/2010 : 05:36:32
quote:
Originally posted by bbsmog

Judith.....stop being kind about my pictures!! You're clearly far too nice to admit that every single pic I've ever posted on this site has been c**p!!!!!! LMAO xxxxxx

Dont worry Sally-Anne, if I thought the quality of the pics was c**p I would just comment on the snake and not on how good the pics were!!

xxx
n/a Posted - 21/01/2010 : 20:59:04
Hi shaka

just wanted to say I love your Corn's name!!!

Judith.....stop being kind about my pictures!! You're clearly far too nice to admit that every single pic I've ever posted on this site has been c**p!!!!!! LMAO xxxxxx
n/a Posted - 21/01/2010 : 19:32:29
Hi there, i'm fairly new to this site, and my Eugene is nowhere near the size of The Stig, but he also has a similar pattern and slightly darker about half way down his body. Almost as though he is about to shed.

Eugenes a normal as well and its great to get an idea of what he'll look like when he gets bigger.
Kellog Posted - 20/01/2010 : 05:29:07
They are not pants pics Sally-Anne!!! Think you did really well!

He certainly has beautiful colouring although the change in colour is definitely noticeable. It just makes him even more special as he is unique - ok, not quite unique if Karma is the same but you know what I mean!

It is great that he is so friendly despite his past and am so pleased he now has an owner who appreciates what a wonderful snake he is.

xxx
Lilpunk Posted - 19/01/2010 : 15:34:37
Maybe you should name him Heinz then Very cute name, (sorry if he/she's already named )
n/a Posted - 19/01/2010 : 13:06:15
quote:
Are you sure he is full corn? Only ask as have seen 2 other hybrids, crossed with bull snakes (?) and they both displayed a similar colouration.

I had wondered about that SB. He doesn't look 100% Corn to me I've thought about Bull Snakes and other Ratsnakes too. I'll probably be guessing forever, LOL.

I think I'm always going to think of him as my little Heinz 57 . He is, without doubt, the friendliest snake in the whole world. Which, considering what he's been through, makes hima very special boy (or girl). xx
eeji Posted - 18/01/2010 : 18:37:45
theres a chance that one of his ancestors was a miami, or it could just be put down to 'natural variation' :)
devilsmistress Posted - 18/01/2010 : 16:56:22
Karma looks like that and she is all corn! Nice to have an idea of what she will look like when grown up!! I think its just a bit of a freek of nature whit the colouring.
Hey we could name them a new morph!! (jokeing!) But i do wonder if I had a male the same as Karma what the hatchlings would be like?
SexyBear77 Posted - 18/01/2010 : 16:50:53
Are you sure he is full corn? Only ask as have seen 2 other hybrids, crossed with bull snakes (?) and they both displayed a similar colouration.

On the other hand I could just be talking out my backside!
HannahB Posted - 18/01/2010 : 16:30:21
hes gorgeous
hope he is fighting fit again soon
n/a Posted - 18/01/2010 : 16:10:52
Hey!
Hope the vets appointment went well and that The Stig is fit and well!
The second picture looks like 2 different coloured snakes next to each other!
Nice Snakey!
xXx
n/a Posted - 18/01/2010 : 13:52:15
Just wanted to add that the pics don't really get across the vast difference in colour. The second one down is, perhaps, most accurate but the flash makes it look brighter than it is.

Oddly enough I was just thinking and I'm not sure I've ever actually seen an adult Normalin R/L. I've seen adult Amels, Anerys, Ghosts, a Butter and an adult Motley Normal but not a Normal Normal. Strange xx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000