The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 First Constriction

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sammysnake Posted - 15/01/2010 : 22:44:49
My second ever feed with Saracen and he constricted!! It was totally awesome to witness. He held onto his prey for a good 5 or 10 minutes before feeling it was safe enough to eat it - I guess he was making doubly sure it was really dead! My snakes are so cool.

It's definitely dead now...

Yummy...
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LittleMick Posted - 17/01/2010 : 16:16:46
They are TOTALLY awsome shot, especially the third one, beautiful colourings.
My Elijah has yet to constrict, but then again I don't wave his grub in front of him, I may try it on his next feed.
n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 07:28:18
Snickers has only constricted twice...once when one fell on the floor when I was feeding her in my hand...I guess she thought it was going to get away. The other was a very light constrict as though she wanted me to know she still could, but didn't need to.
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

I hope casper constricts. She is only young but has a brilliant strike.

Kellog Posted - 17/01/2010 : 05:57:11
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

Thanks guys and a big thank you to Medusa and Kizzig for the tips they gave on another thread about finding the macro or 'flower' setting on a digital camera. I never knew it was there (really must read the manual!) and it's made a massive difference to the pics I've been able to get.

I still cant get used to macro....can never get it to focus!!! Guess it is not idiot proof !

xxx
HannahB Posted - 16/01/2010 : 23:22:57
great pics

yeah the 'flower' setting is the macro setting - ideal for close ups and pics with fine detail.. was confused when people started referring to it as the 'flower' setting as i actually have a flower setting on my camera for dealing with bright colours and shapes!
Lilpunk Posted - 16/01/2010 : 21:52:40
Flower is macro I believe and is good for detailed shots.

Saracen is gawgus as always, love to the normals! xD
n/a Posted - 16/01/2010 : 20:47:42
whats this about the "flower" setting on a camera. I've just looked at the settings on mine and it has a flower. Is that the best setting or something????

Great pics by the way. He/she looks really similar to my Eugene.
n/a Posted - 16/01/2010 : 11:44:32
totally awesome!! nice going SS
n/a Posted - 16/01/2010 : 11:18:42
excellent pics
Sammysnake Posted - 16/01/2010 : 08:12:12
Thanks guys and a big thank you to Medusa and Kizzig for the tips they gave on another thread about finding the macro or 'flower' setting on a digital camera. I never knew it was there (really must read the manual!) and it's made a massive difference to the pics I've been able to get.

DannyB - Saracen is a bit over one year so hopefully Casper will do it when he's older. Twilight who is 6 months old shows no signs of constricting yet but he has started to strike which is really cute.
Kellog Posted - 16/01/2010 : 05:34:26
Sammy, you get such amazing pics of your snakes !!

It is wonderful seeing Saracen constrict like that and must have been truly amazing to watch. Your pics have captured it beautifully and show his stunning colours.

Kellog constricted for the first time last feed (pics to follow soon, hopefully) and once he had done it he seemed a little lost as to what to do next !! He finally refound the head and decided it was time to eat! Cant wait til next feed to see if it happens again.

Silvesta is just vicious when he feeds and squeezes the 'life' out of his mice and then eats them as quickly as possible.

You defintely have cool snakes .

xxx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 16/01/2010 : 00:36:02
I hope casper constricts. She is only young but has a brilliant strike.
n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 23:57:19
Fantastic Pictures
You must be very happy with him
hiper2009 Posted - 15/01/2010 : 22:57:41

Awesome and Nice pics too
SexyBear77 Posted - 15/01/2010 : 22:48:26
Thats great, and fab photos too!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000