The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 few newbies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
a33272 Posted - 10/01/2010 : 20:21:10
new new ones first time EVER ive seen marmalade in her bowl

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a33272 Posted - 23/02/2010 : 19:34:38
ta onlt time shes every been in it bless her
n/a Posted - 23/02/2010 : 13:39:00
Awww she is so sweet, love the photo of her in the bowl, very cute!
a33272 Posted - 23/02/2010 : 07:09:40
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Talk about curled up!! Gorgeous pics, well done.

xxx

i dont know what she was at she can usually curl up and rest her head on her body looking out the entrance i have no idea why she was sqeezing her head through the side lol
Kellog Posted - 22/02/2010 : 04:51:53
Talk about curled up!! Gorgeous pics, well done.

xxx
n/a Posted - 20/02/2010 : 15:50:12
lovely pictures hun, she is a beautiful looking snake.
n/a Posted - 20/02/2010 : 06:32:35
Those are some lovely pics.[quote]Originally posted by a33272

new new ones first time EVER ive seen marmalade in her bowl

a33272 Posted - 19/02/2010 : 21:45:44
LATEST

n/a Posted - 12/01/2010 : 18:39:37
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

quote:
Originally posted by Matts_Mum

My mum forewarned me about lime build up in the water dish, she seemed to think it's probably not good for any animal (and possibly us) the amount of chemicals that goes in the water these days. So I took her advice and give Eric pre-boiled water rather than buying bottled. I use an empty water bottle (just sports bottle size) and when I'm boiling the kettle I just top the bottle up and it currently does about 3 water changes. So hopefully I will avoid that issue as it did affect my c.o.c.k.atiels plastic water dish.

That is good advise from your mum, think I may start following it although I know I wont get rid of the marking already there.

Just put in a 'bath sized' water bowl into Kellog's new viv yesterday. Have seen him drink from it....but wonder if he will ever decide to take a dip!!

xxx

Well no, you wont get rid of what's already there, but it will stop it building up to unsightly proportions. My mums best friend got left with her sons boa & cornsnake, so I'm not sure whether her friend didn't do that and she saw the build up, or whether she was aware that her friend DID filter/buy bottled.

As for me, I'm 39 and still daren't not do what my mum says!
a33272 Posted - 12/01/2010 : 16:27:09
quote:
Originally posted by lucifer

Nice photos I can see Marmalade loves a good burrow.
Nice battleship btw

haha its cool isnt it she often jut pokes her head on and rest it on there
Kellog Posted - 12/01/2010 : 08:18:55
quote:
Originally posted by Matts_Mum

My mum forewarned me about lime build up in the water dish, she seemed to think it's probably not good for any animal (and possibly us) the amount of chemicals that goes in the water these days. So I took her advice and give Eric pre-boiled water rather than buying bottled. I use an empty water bottle (just sports bottle size) and when I'm boiling the kettle I just top the bottle up and it currently does about 3 water changes. So hopefully I will avoid that issue as it did affect my c.o.c.k.atiels plastic water dish.

That is good advise from your mum, think I may start following it although I know I wont get rid of the marking already there.

Just put in a 'bath sized' water bowl into Kellog's new viv yesterday. Have seen him drink from it....but wonder if he will ever decide to take a dip!!

xxx
n/a Posted - 11/01/2010 : 21:55:48
AH!
I may have to filter her water then!
Thankyou!
xXx
:)
lucifer Posted - 11/01/2010 : 21:28:42
Nice photos I can see Marmalade loves a good burrow.
Nice battleship btw
n/a Posted - 11/01/2010 : 21:16:14
Fab pics, lovely snake.

My mum forewarned me about lime build up in the water dish, she seemed to think it's probably not good for any animal (and possibly us) the amount of chemicals that goes in the water these days. So I took her advice and give Eric pre-boiled water rather than buying bottled. I use an empty water bottle (just sports bottle size) and when I'm boiling the kettle I just top the bottle up and it currently does about 3 water changes. So hopefully I will avoid that issue as it did affect my ****atiels plastic water dish.
a33272 Posted - 11/01/2010 : 18:53:01
thanks for comments everyone

skorps as kellog said its just lime scale and minerals basically if you live in a hard water area unless u filter it first you will get some white markings, its strange though as my pythons bowl doesnt suffer from it haha,

Rachael yeah the mark is from where she damaged scale, hopefully when she next sheds it should be gone
SexyBear77 Posted - 11/01/2010 : 13:49:13
Lovely pictures! Such a rich colour, really is stunning.

What is the black thing on her nose? Is it where she lost a scale?

Might be worth checking its not a mite, as they can cause the snake to soak in the water bowl to relieve irritation.
Kellog Posted - 11/01/2010 : 05:21:49
Marmalade is looking as lovely as ever and wonderful seeing her soaking in her waterbowl. Kellog's viv has never been big enough to fit in a bowl big enough for him...but now he has moved up a size I have just got one for him although its not in yet. Will be interested to see if he just drinks from it or ventures in.

Think the marking around edge of water bowl is limescale deposits...mine has it too and cant remove it. Dont think it does any harm though, just looks horrible.

xxx
HannahB Posted - 10/01/2010 : 21:42:59
aw cute pics - she looks really sweet in her bowl
n/a Posted - 10/01/2010 : 21:39:08
quote:
Originally posted by Skorps

(a very quick question- whats the white stuff round the edge of the w/bowl- mine has it as well and it doesnt seem to go even through I scrub it everyday!)

xXx

i get the same stuff aswell, annoying isn't it
n/a Posted - 10/01/2010 : 21:30:45
Great pics!
Looking at the one in the w/bowl- that looks quite fun eh!

(a very quick question- whats the white stuff round the edge of the w/bowl- mine has it as well and it doesnt seem to go even through I scrub it everyday!)

xXx
gmac Posted - 10/01/2010 : 21:05:56
Very nice, must admit do like creamsicles

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000