The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 My First Corn Snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 05/01/2010 : 14:31:05
These are pictures of my first corn snake, Bloodred as i understand it.
16g and approx 16" long head to tip of tail, currently very happy to eat 2 small 2g pickies every 4/5 days.
Already looking to get another.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 28/04/2010 : 04:05:55
Shampy is looking amazing, and again it is so interesting seeing the difference from when you first got him - like with Callisto.

His colours are really coming out stronger than when he was little. I do love his head marking.

xxx
herriotfan Posted - 25/04/2010 : 21:20:45
What a beautiful snake you have there. Welcome to the forum!
Sizzlesmum Posted - 25/04/2010 : 20:58:50
Shampy is gorgeous and his/her colours are stunning
n/a Posted - 25/04/2010 : 20:13:07
That little critter is beautiful.Thank you for sharing...[quote]Originally posted by Shampers77

n/a Posted - 25/04/2010 : 18:43:01
Update with pics, still plump from its last meal
Now 40g

n/a Posted - 25/01/2010 : 15:04:50
Very nice!
danbaylis35 Posted - 25/01/2010 : 08:37:26
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hume

Very nice snake, I bought my first one about 4 months ago and now I have recently been out and bought a second, they are really adictive and already thinking maybe three would be a good number ?

i know what you mean got my second one 2weeks ago got another two coming on wednesday lol
DannyBrown91 Posted - 24/01/2010 : 22:25:40
I just bought a blood red at the weekend, their colours change ever so gradually with each shed you will barely notice it but after the week of settling in i will post a few pics.

Im not sure how old he is but is pretty big compared to my casper. Hes probbaly around about 22 inches long. After the week i will weigh him and try to measure him properly.
HannahB Posted - 24/01/2010 : 18:47:49
really nice pics
n/a Posted - 24/01/2010 : 18:43:49
wow, i would love a female like her, she would compliment my Steve lovely..
n/a Posted - 24/01/2010 : 17:50:18
More pictures its not easy getting her to sit while you take the photos:-

n/a Posted - 19/01/2010 : 11:08:47
Anyone got pictures of there bloodreds? I like to see how mine will turn out
n/a Posted - 16/01/2010 : 11:49:12
gorgeous looking snake, welcome to the forum too.
n/a Posted - 16/01/2010 : 11:06:29
Shampy has just shed and it looks like his copper colour is more prominent than than his reds
The shop i bought him from kept him on a maintence diet of 1 i guess small pinkie every 7 days, but since i have had him he is eating 2x2g every 4/5 days, and 2 days after feeding him the bump in his belly is gone and by the day 4 is poking his head out of his cave looking for food. The new batch of pinkies i have now are 3g and he just ate 2 of them no problem. He has definately grown in the 7 weeks i have had him and started giving him more food.
Does anyone know how long it will be before he starts to go a darker red, he's approx 5 months old at the moment.
n/a Posted - 13/01/2010 : 00:11:10
oh wow! beautiful!! xx
kdlang Posted - 12/01/2010 : 17:53:14
Ooooo that might just have to be another for my wish list. That is a stunning adult
DannyBrown91 Posted - 12/01/2010 : 15:46:20
quote:
Originally posted by Shampers77

Thanks for the replies, when i first bought him i'd also thought he looked very similar to a normal, but after research it appeared that i got what i'd paid having looked at reduced black around his blotches for instance.

When he's big i'm hoping he'll look like this beauty. (calling it a he but dont really know)

I love adult blood reds...
n/a Posted - 12/01/2010 : 15:32:14
Thanks for the replies, when i first bought him i'd also thought he looked very similar to a normal, but after research it appeared that i got what i'd paid having looked at reduced black around his blotches for instance.

When he's big i'm hoping he'll look like this beauty. (calling it a he but dont really know)
Lilpunk Posted - 06/01/2010 : 06:27:21
It's good to hear that you're keeping records (both at Kellog and Shampers!) as I do the same with Dimi; although I must admit, I haven't weighed her for a while, as I keep forgeting and our electric scales broke xD
Kellog Posted - 06/01/2010 : 03:41:43
Stuart, Shampy is gorgeous! Very striking markings, especially those on its head (as shown by the amazing 2nd pic).

Sounds like you are doing a great job with him/her. Am especially impressed with your record keeping as it is vital for the sake of your snakes health. (I even record my snakes bowel movements ). As well as feeding and weight records I would suggest maybe recording shedding, length, full viv cleans and any health issues.

Corns are truly addictive and it is something we warn all newbies when we welcome them...but it sounds like our warning will be too late, the addiction has taken hold!

As HannahB suggested, say hi in the Welcome section so you can introduce yourself properly and feel the full force of the forum's friendliness!!

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000