The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Khan's new home

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rik Posted - 29/12/2009 : 20:45:44
Bought Khan's new home and couldn't resist setting it up today incase i needed anything else. Quite happy with the result. Heat mat covers just short of half the viv. Got the stat sensor just above the chippings hope this is right? Any other suggestions welcome before the move.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 01/01/2010 : 19:12:45
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Stealing my tips eh Judith??

And where did you get your tips from Hillzi?!!

xxx
hillzi Posted - 01/01/2010 : 11:45:46
Stealing my tips eh Judith??

Personally, I'd leave him a few days. (not one to talk about settling in... ) Afterall he's still in the same environment, he's only gotta get used to smell of the wood.

But that's just my opinion
Kellog Posted - 01/01/2010 : 11:33:51
quote:
Originally posted by Rik

Thanks for the comments. Iv got some thin sponge with a sticky back on it to fill the gap in the doors.
The back ground I enlarged a picture of the jungle so it covered 4 pages. Printed them off and left them till the next day for the ink to dry and fumes to die down. Dug out the laminator and hey presto!

Am i right in thinking once he moves in to leave him for a week again to settle?

Is best to leave him to settle in again. To help you can move some substrate from his old viv and some of his other 'bits and pieces' so he has some things with his own smell on them.

xxx
Rik Posted - 30/12/2009 : 17:02:30
Thanks for the comments. Iv got some thin sponge with a sticky back on it to fill the gap in the doors.
The back ground I enlarged a picture of the jungle so it covered 4 pages. Printed them off and left them till the next day for the ink to dry and fumes to die down. Dug out the laminator and hey presto!

Am i right in thinking once he moves in to leave him for a week again to settle?
hiper2009 Posted - 30/12/2009 : 14:48:17
Very nice set up , can i ask how you made the background??
HannahB Posted - 30/12/2009 : 14:36:20
looks great...i want to live there
like others have said just make sure you block up the overlay between the glass doors so you dont lose him
Kellog Posted - 30/12/2009 : 05:07:07
Looks like you have done a fantastic job Rik, Khan is one very lucky snake!! A paper binder on the inside edge of the glass door is great for blocking the gap and also is softer for when they rub up and down it trying to escape.

Great graphics - especially the very noticeable 'I made it myself' under the laminated background sign!

xxx
lmfastcars Posted - 29/12/2009 : 21:12:37
lol yeah it looks difficault but im sure he is going to be more than stress free in there:) x
n/a Posted - 29/12/2009 : 21:00:57
Amazing!! Hope you're able to find him in there though to get him out for a cuddle lol.
hillzi Posted - 29/12/2009 : 20:56:26
Yup that's wicked!!

Make sure you fill the gap in the overlap of the doors though!

n/a Posted - 29/12/2009 : 20:55:44
OOO!
Looks pretty!
When can I move in...
:)
xXx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000