The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Blaze's new and improved home!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tinamiles Posted - 20/12/2009 : 17:07:53
thank you to everyone here for their wondeful advice. Ive been really wanting Blaze to be more active+happy...so here is his new home...opinions are welcome :)

New Viv:

The cool end (complete with thermometer reading 68-70 degrees), water bowl and cool log hide:

Warm end (reading 86-89 degrees):

All your advice has worked wonders, because he's out and about exploring it+seems very active now...as this pic shows!:

so Thanks to everyone for your help! Hopefully it looks ok+the temperatures are ok!

Tina
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 20/12/2009 : 21:48:25
i have these ones, on in the warm and one in the cool ends
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aquarium-Digital-Thermometer-with-Probe-fish-Tank_W0QQitemZ160387498935QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Fish?hash=item2557d703b7

they are cheap and they work well
tinamiles Posted - 20/12/2009 : 21:33:51
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

im assuming those temps are 'f?
whats the warm end like? thats about right for the cool end
those dials are often quite a few degrees out at times so if you can get a digital one they are definately worth it

yeah, they're in fahrenheit! 86-89 degrees F at warm end and 68-70 fahrenheit at cool end! Will look into getting a digital thermometer then...anyone have any recommendations?
HannahB Posted - 20/12/2009 : 19:02:08
im assuming those temps are 'f?
whats the warm end like? thats about right for the cool end
those dials are often quite a few degrees out at times so if you can get a digital one they are definately worth it
tinamiles Posted - 20/12/2009 : 17:54:32
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

looks ok to me
have you got a digital thermometer on order? they are a lot more reliable than those dial ones,
if you wanted you could always put more substrate in the cool end - you might find that he like to burrow about in it

glad hes enjoying his new home!

ive put more substrate in the cool end, altho you cant really tell in the pictures. The guy in the shop said that these ones werent the most reliable, as you say, but he said if i put them onto the bottom of the viv as i have done, they ready the temperature more accuratly than if they're on the sides...do those temps sound ok?
HannahB Posted - 20/12/2009 : 17:19:23
looks ok to me
have you got a digital thermometer on order? they are a lot more reliable than those dial ones,
if you wanted you could always put more substrate in the cool end - you might find that he like to burrow about in it

glad hes enjoying his new home!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000