The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Montys New Home!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 16/12/2009 : 01:44:58
Montys new homes has plenty of plants, a couple hides and a new bath/drinking bowl. i also found his tank was getting chilly at night so he has a weak heated black light now to insure he is always comfotable. i finally got another thermometer so i could have one on his warm side and warmer side. so far he seems to like it and be very curious lol.

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 17/12/2009 : 20:06:09
30"W x 12"L x 12"H
hiper2009 Posted - 17/12/2009 : 19:26:06
Thats a nice setup , love those rocks i want some of them haha , how big is that glass viv ?
Kellog Posted - 17/12/2009 : 04:53:15
Echo what Jo-and-Danny said about rocks...just trying to work out where I can get some from!

xxx
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 16/12/2009 : 12:02:45
They do look brilliant

I think it looks like a great set up. We house ours in a large viv with log hides and loads of plants which most members frown upon but we was told by our rspca reptile expert to put them in the biggest viv we could afford! So we coverted an old wardrobe and bought some toughened glass they love it!
n/a Posted - 16/12/2009 : 11:25:52
i actually got them from a small little craft store in the city around here. brought them home, boiled them and threw them in. i love the look of them :)
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 16/12/2009 : 11:17:58
Wow them stones are ace where are they from?
n/a Posted - 16/12/2009 : 09:16:49
i will be getting him a digital thermometer very shortly, they didnt have any at the store right now. also, he does have a heated mat on the one side of the tank where he can go to keep a little warmer. and ya i no the tank is a little big for him, that is why i tried to put many plants in it to try to comfort him a little more, although so far he seems very comfortable. i have also moved him up to eating 2 pinkies a week and he is gulping them no problem. and as for cost.. well ya it was pretty pricey, maybe about 300 in total for everything, but definatly worth it, monty has been the perfect edition to our home. :)
reptiledanny Posted - 16/12/2009 : 07:58:09
i don't know the size of monty but how big is the tank. looks a little bg for him. nice setup. bet that cost abit. he has spoilt rotton and he could not have a btter home. you really are caring for him nicely and giving him all you can. well done.
HannahB Posted - 16/12/2009 : 06:43:31
looks good although i would get a digital thermometer to go in there aswell - those dial ones are unreliable - ideally you need to be measuring the surface temp of the substrate,
is he heated with a light only? mats are probably better for corns as they absorb heat through the skin from warm surfaces,
but apart from that it looks comfy

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000