The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Snake photoshoot.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kehhlyr Posted - 29/11/2009 : 16:22:44
One of the mods on here had an email, that he unfortunately couldn't deal with at the time of receiving it, so he passed it to me.

We were asked by a model if anyone has a fairly large snake, that is also friendly that could be used in a photoshoot.

I shall copy parts of the email she sent me:

Basically I am a mature model who is having a photo shoot this coming Monday in Portslade,Brighton with the most revered photogrpaher and it was my idea (as this is my 2nd shoot with him)to do a shoot with a snake-something which neither he or I have done previously.

My son owns a 3 year old corn-which is obviously safe to handle-but a little on the small side for what I wanted-he would appear merely as a necklace perhaps-so I began my hunt for someone kind enough to loan their larger snake-corn or other safe breed for the best achievable shot. The more vivid the colours the better(Although the photographer said a black snake would be fab)-but size is important as I wish to drape it around my neck covering my modesty.

It will be for a tasteful glam shot. John Farrar is the photographer-by all means google him-you will see how lovely his work is.

If yourself or anyone can help I would be so grateful and if this coming Monday is not viable then I can arrange another shoot with John that would suit all.

Obviously I couldn't post here without her permission, so asked for permission before I stuck it on here, and also if it had to be a cornsnake, or would anysnake do, here's her response:

You absolutely have my permission to go ahead with this-I really appreciate all that you are doing.

No-it doesn't have to be a corn snake at all-any safe snake will be fine.Black would be fab!

All that the photographer and I ask is that the owner allow us to have the snake in the studio with us for approximately an hour no more and that the owner perhaps browse the shops of Portslade whilst this happens. I can assure utmost care of the snake whilst in the owners absence.

If the owner would like to see the model(myself)and the photogrphers work-please direct them to my URL www.modelmayhem.com/EnglishAngel

I will be happy to give the owner the best of the photographs produced from the shoot. As you can see-the photographer is a professional,revered by many and has published lots of his work winning lots of competions for his work.

Hoping you will find someone who wants to showcase their snake in this way.

My next shoot with this photographer is this Monday and ideally would be fab if the snake shoot could take place between midday and 5pm.

Hoping all this info helps. If it turns out it's too short notice to find someone now-then a future shoot WILL happen-so my request can remain on your forum.

Like it says, it may be a bit late notice now, but like she said, a future shoot WILL happen.
Although as it stands, I would say that anyone who may offer to help would be over 18 please.

Any takers, then reply to topic.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kehhlyr Posted - 30/11/2009 : 17:37:46
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Where are you and him from again Hiper??
How old is he? Does he have a piccy or 2 that I can see and pass on if requested??

But theres one problem if these ppl touch her tail she will bite she dont like any one touching her tail

Then it will be a no then.
Although all snakes are unpredictable, one that is like that would be to risky.
hiper2009 Posted - 30/11/2009 : 15:20:41
quote:

How old is he? Does he have a piccy or 2 that I can see and pass on if requested??

But theres one problem if these ppl touch her tail she will bite she dont like any one touching her tail
hiper2009 Posted - 30/11/2009 : 15:18:48
quote:

We are both from Leicester - EastMidlands. Live on same Street too Im 21 and my best friend is 23 and he has a clutch of hatchlings too. Ill get a pic from him when he finish's work and post on here or ill email to your email address Phill.
Kehhlyr Posted - 30/11/2009 : 15:08:45
hiper2009 Posted - 30/11/2009 : 14:51:29
Hi My best friend wants to enter his Royal python in and its almost 6ft Female and very friendly but its not black its a Lesser Bee Morph extreamly cute.

This is what it looks like but its alot bigger then this one !!
Kehhlyr Posted - 29/11/2009 : 23:41:11
That's what I was thinking lee.
Hence why only over 18's, even more so because of the photos, although they'll be tasteful shots, it's still something that I would say over 18's for the snake owner only.
lee2308 Posted - 29/11/2009 : 23:08:42
She's going to need more than a black kingsnake to cover those lol ,wish i could help but i would insist staying to supervise the snake
hillzi Posted - 29/11/2009 : 21:42:58
damn!

I was tempted with a big boid, but chose the corn. I'm only 15 too. Jeeez.
reptiledanny Posted - 29/11/2009 : 17:04:54
i would love to but my corn is only a baby.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000