The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 What is this?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 30/09/2009 : 03:23:06

In the upper right corner, where the snake's body is looped, do you see the dark spot on his/her body? What is that? Is it...organs? Waste?

Thanks!
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kizzig Posted - 02/10/2009 : 18:10:14
You can see the same on our two when handling. Kizzy especially because she has a white belly!
Kellog Posted - 02/10/2009 : 03:18:42
Not sure I could handle that - too squeemish!! xxx
meggi Posted - 30/09/2009 : 21:10:41
interesting.....
HannahB Posted - 30/09/2009 : 19:45:38
yeah simply because they are lighter colours and because they are so young its really obvious..
eventually the organs wont be visible as the colour of the scales will have changed - as hes growing bigger Zero will become pure white and wont be so seethrough!
n/a Posted - 30/09/2009 : 17:42:39
Interesting! :) Is this something that goes away as they age? Like, their skin becomes less translucent..? I've never noticed it on any adult snakes.
lucifer Posted - 30/09/2009 : 14:58:17
Yeah Zero is really bad bless him, you can see the main tract going down his body if you hold him up to the light.
HannahB Posted - 30/09/2009 : 14:47:07
they are organs..
il get some pics of Libs and Zero showing theirs off.. Zero is really bad for it cause hes a blizzard - kinda freaky looking when you hold him up to the light, Libs isnt as bad but still kinda creepy lol
n/a Posted - 30/09/2009 : 09:06:13
Oh! I saw something similar on Shen at some point, but couldn't find it again later, and he hasn't pooped so it's not waste. I'm inclined to think it's his insides but I'm no expert. I wish someone experienced can give a definite answer.
devilsmistress Posted - 30/09/2009 : 09:02:56
Organs? When im in front of the window and hold Misy up you can almost see through her and see all the organs ect. Try it with yours, hold her up and look side on, its quite a weird thing to look at!
n/a Posted - 30/09/2009 : 03:25:08
P.S. The image is not mine but belongs to "adsclarke" on photobucket...I've been noticing that Nellie has similar dark spots, but I couldn't get it to show up with my camera. Found this picture which shows it clearly.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000