The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 I got my baby!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sammysnake Posted - 13/09/2009 : 17:22:08
Here's my baby snakey, my first one. The lady I got him from had loads of different morphs, it was so hard to choose. I know he's not the most unusual but he's my favourite.

He'd had a feed already today so it wasn't really the best day to move him but it was the only day the lady was available. He's been feeding and shedding with no probs - she had several others which are not feeding yet so she wasn't selling them until they're established. She also asked me to keep in touch and to tell her when he's had his first successful feed with me so I'm happy about the standard of care she's been giving him.

I think she said he was born in June (we talked about so many different babies that I'm mixed up as to which is which!). I'm leaving him in his cricket tub at the moment as the tank I prepared for him looks HUGE. I've just given him an eggcup with some water in and some kitchen roll and put the whole thing into the tank with 1/2 of it over the heatmat.

He has been feeding every four days but I'm planning to leave him for a full week before feeding him and then another couple of days before handling. Hope I haven't forgotten anything....
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 15/09/2009 : 15:27:53
The marking on it's head is fantastic,, stunning snake :o)
n/a Posted - 15/09/2009 : 15:16:56
OMG absolutely stunning! The markings are so pretty, such a stark contrast in colour. i LOVE anerys!
lee2308 Posted - 14/09/2009 : 19:13:50
nice choice,looks cool
hiper2009 Posted - 14/09/2009 : 14:49:38
What a fantastic looking baby he/she is a stunner
inkiepixie Posted - 14/09/2009 : 14:43:30
We have just got a June anery hatchling too! I am in love with her, she's so pretty. We called her Luna: all my pets have Harry Potter-related names, and Luna is perfect because she looks like a normal corn in the moonlight :) Love Twilight as a name!!
SexyBear77 Posted - 14/09/2009 : 10:25:33
aw he is adorable! Twilight is a lovely name! and really suits him.
Kellog Posted - 14/09/2009 : 09:59:18
Twilight is perfect - great choice! xxx
Sammysnake Posted - 14/09/2009 : 06:46:09
Thanks Kellog, he is lovely isn't he! I initially wanted a name that was mythical and snake related but all of history seems to believe that snakes are evil.

After spending the night thinking about it I've settled on 'Twilight'. What do you think?

Also guys, I'm presuming he's an Anery A with no specific pattern (checkerboard tummy). Is that right? I love his head marking - it looks to me like a snake's head about to eat a pinkie.
Kellog Posted - 14/09/2009 : 03:54:34
That is one stunning snake - the colour differences are striking! What about Piebald or Pied as a name? xxx
n/a Posted - 13/09/2009 : 20:53:28
the only reason i asked it sounded the same as when we got our two babys from a very helpfull lady but she was from lincoln and agiain she sells on preloved and to a local shop and your right about the price in the shops thats why we ended up getting two from her an anery same as yours and a snow motley female with the intentions to breed them in a few years time good look with the snakey
Sammysnake Posted - 13/09/2009 : 19:59:11
quote:
very cute where abouts did you get him from ?

Private seller in Banbury, listed on Pre-Loved. She has a big collection of reps and is currently downsizing to concentrate on bigger boas. She had some babies and her dad also had 25 babies that he wanted her to sell - the one I got was the last of the ones she hatched herself. Apparently my local reptile shop has got some of hers to sell only they are charging a lot more than she did. I think I'd have to pay £65 for an Anery but she only charged me £20 - bargain!

She also had a yearling that she rescued - she'd been found outside a local shop and the lady hasn't manged to trace her owner so she is now looking to rehome her. I was tempted but as a newbie, I didn't think it sensible to take on a snake with no known history.
n/a Posted - 13/09/2009 : 19:05:09
very cute where abouts did you get him from ?
Sammysnake Posted - 13/09/2009 : 19:01:14
No name yet - we're kicking a few ideas around and trying to find what really suits him. Isn't he gorgeous though (big, proud mummy smiles)
n/a Posted - 13/09/2009 : 17:41:22
Thats a lovely looking snake! Congrats :-D
HannahB Posted - 13/09/2009 : 17:33:18
aw hes so cute..whats he called?
feeding every 4days to me is a bit too much..maybe make it 5 - that way you have an extra day to handle him! haha
congrats on the new arrival

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000